Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: what is the best battery to use

Default what is the best battery to use

Building my saber and was wondering what type battery to use AA,AAA,or 9 volts
    Need help
    Albeehotep

i would say AAA would not be the way to go as you would need a fairly large holder to acomidate the amount of batteries you would need, as to AA or 9v, its your choice, the inverters<font color="red">CSS</font id="red"> sells already have a 9v lead attached, thats what i would do.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

with a 4khz inverter the 9v does pretty good. using one of the 8aa or 8aaa holders that wel sell will make it run brighter. Either will fit a 1.5" sink tube. The trick to making the 8aa battery holder fit is you cut off the tabs that stick up to hold the batteries in place and then it fits and works great. If you have a skinnier hilt or are making a short hilt then I would stick with the 9v.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

i just got my blade electronics done and that red el wire is bright as all hell. just thought id say so.

i use two 9 volt to make 18volt in my everyready hilt it makes the saber quite noticeable in daylight and great in the night and it only takes upabout 3 inches of space great if you dont want sound cards

<center>
    "Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

has anyone else used two inverters with two 9 volts? for my saber, i wired the two inverters up in series. i am not sure if it makes is any brighter than with one inverter. most people wouldn't be able to do this, though. i have a long hilt, but i think that stuff would fit into a graflex if you do it right. what are other people's thoughts about using two inverters for 18v as opposed to one?

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

two inverters in series??? can you draw a diagram of how you did this because it doesnt make sense that it would work.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

if this confuses anybody, let me know. i don't know how easy it is to follow

Ok, that makes my head hurt to even try and figure out what it is doing by hooking it up that way.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

it gives you 18v. that is how the guy at coolight.com told me to hook it up so that i get 18v, without the inverter getting hot or anything.