Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Blade emitter style for combat in mind

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

One blade retention screw would be fine as long as it is just below the lowest part of the angle.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Last edited by Lord Maul; 03-05-2009 at 07:34 PM.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Well, there's our "thousand words" on that one!
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

LOL! My mouth is closed! But like I said, I personally wouldnt use two blade retention screws, because of looks, but you could toy around with it, and see what you like. It's a matter of preference, really.
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

Thats intresting, from that pic it seems that it dosent have the same angle cut that the vader/ani shroud would have.

Anyone want to check that out?

Quote Originally Posted by $tarkiller View Post
    LOL! My mouth is closed! But like I said, I personally wouldnt use two blade retention screws, because of looks, but you could toy around with it, and see what you like. It's a matter of preference, really.
    Another screw would hold it better and if your conserned about looks then use headless screws.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

well, there you have it! Someone who actually KNOWS what they are talking about has backed me up, lol!
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

2.5" long (on long side) + .5" of thread.
    45 degree cut on the end.
    2.195" blade depth on long side.
    1.46" blade depth on short side.

So says my protractor and calipers.

1.5" blade depth doesn't seem like very much, but they are all like that, aren't they... I guess if they were unstable you wouldn't do it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Ben View Post
    Would you suggest two blade retention screws for heavy dueling just for style 12, or for any style?
    I think one has always been enough for me, but I've very cautious when I ut my blade in that I align the same way every time and that the set screw sits in the small divet I cut to hold it fast. And I check the blade and screw every few minutes (Of course, i can do that with just my thumb because of the placement of all that). I've seen 'em with two can can't imagine it would /hurt/, though.
    The day may come when the courage of men fails...
    ...But it is not this day! This day – We FIGHT!

I always assumed I would cut a little hole in the blade for the screw to fit in. Otherwise you're just relying on friction.