Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Some questions 'bout this...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

As many as were on it origonally. The older quigon's used 3C's if I remember right. Any set of three AA or AAA will work since they have the same voltage (1.5V).

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?

</center>

Crud. I have a battery holder that can hold 2 AAs. To RadioShack...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by steel_darkblade

So I've been working on this single switch problem and I think I came up with something in THEORY. Theoretically, you could use a SPDT switch, one of the positive leads powering up the Inverter directly. The other positive lead, you'd have to built what's called a One-Shot Multi-Vibrator using a 555 timer. This makes it so that when you turn the SPDT on, the One-Shot practically works like a momentary switch. I'm still working on the circuit design for it and will post it up, along with how I derived it hopefully by sometime this weekend.

"All men die, but not all men live... which are you?"
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I went through this idea a while back but the problem was how to overcome having a second switch for main power for the 555 circuit? If the circuit remains powered up all the time then the batteries will go dead so we are back to having two switches again. I haven't given up on the project it has just been shelved for awhile until I have time to devote to it. Good luck on your endevers though.

Do-Clo

Don't make me destroy you...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Lord_Jyensba_Lalne

Crud. I have a battery holder that can hold 2 AAs. To RadioShack...

Youg padawan you have forgotten the lesson of plan first build second. [] Hey it happens to the best of us, at least you can get what you need localy.

Do-Clo

I did not say it was very dim, Do-Clo. I said it was dimmer than just without a soudboard attatched. And I am currently trying to work out a solution. If you use my diagram, you would have to modify it to use two switches, but you would still have the benifit of running it off of one battery. (however I still have to expiriment and do not know what that would do to brightness.) I will post if anything helpful popps up!

You'll find I'm full of suprises. -Luke, ESB, Anakin, AOTC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Luke-SkyMarcher

I did not say it was very dim, Do-Clo. I said it was dimmer than just without a soudboard attatched. And I am currently trying to work out a solution. If you use my diagram, you would have to modify it to use two switches, but you would still have the benifit of running it off of one battery. (however I still have to expiriment and do not know what that would do to brightness.) I will post if anything helpful popps up!

You'll find I'm full of suprises. -Luke, ESB, Anakin, AOTC

No offense but in order to get the brightness increased you need to connect your inverter directly to the battery ground and not feed it through the sound board. The ground you are using is a switched ground that controls the leds in a hasbro lightsaber and has resistance built in to prevent the leds from burning out. I am well aware of using a 7805 voltage regulator to power the sound board so that one battery can be used. But if you notice in this case this young man has no electronics experience and to make it simple on him I recommended the easiest solution for him to build his saber.

Do-Clo

Actually, Do-Clo, I meant I had a 2 AA battery clip laying around. It's not actually attached to my sound system. I'm going in to RadioShack later to get a 3 AA/AAA battery clip and mono jack later this week. Hopefully, I can get a friend of mine's dad to get me a tube and spacer for the blade holder. Then, I will have to send in my money for the stuff from this site. I'll have all my stuff after that for the hilt. Then the building starts...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Lord_Jyensba_Lalne

Actually, Do-Clo, I meant I had a 2 AA battery clip laying around. It's not actually attached to my sound system. I'm going in to RadioShack later to get a 3 AA/AAA battery clip and mono jack later this week. Hopefully, I can get a friend of mine's dad to get me a tube and spacer for the blade holder. Then, I will have to send in my money for the stuff from this site. I'll have all my stuff after that for the hilt. Then the building starts...

Ah the spare parts box, I know it well. You might have to purchase a single battery holder if you can not find a 3 cell holder. You just wire third cell in series with the two cells and it will work fine. Let me know if you get stuck and I can email you a diagram to wire it up.

Do-Clo

Thanks, man. And to the post before(just tellin' ya, no offence meant), if someone were to tell me exactly what to get from a store, I could ask for help there. THen I would just need specific instructions on what to do. I suck at electronics, yes, but I follow directions very well.

And yeah...no idea how to wire another battery in series.[]
    Guess: You take the positve wires of the two battery holders and combine them, and then the negative. Right?

To connect batteries in series you take the black wire from one battery pack and connect it to the red wire from the second battery pack, then you are left with one red and one black wire which are your positive and negative connections to your circuit. The voltage of batteries in series is equal to battery1 + battery2

Do-Clo