Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New cyberpunk saber almost finished!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Those are anti-vandal switches. You can see how long they are, they take up a lot of space inside the hilt.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 8lade View Post
    maybe...hehe!I'll post it tomorrow if you need it
    Thanks bro it really would. I tried making them with paint programs but seem not to be getting the dimensions right. I may alter it a bit but I do want to get an idea of what I should be shooting for.

Hello again guys...a bit of progress here.
    I might go for the Mara Jade type grips after a friends suggestion...what do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (78.4 KB, 63 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (64.5 KB, 79 views)

Mara Jade? Somebody has read the Timothy Zahn Series I see... Loved those books.... as for the shroud I give you mad props on the detail included... that shroud is just Dead ***y. I hope to someday be as handy with a dremel as you are.

That Looks very similar to the shroud Mad Hatter made here:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=6071

Is there a template floating around for that? If so... I'd love a copy of it if you wouldn't mind.

Regards,
    Lordcyric
    Lord Cyric ~ Consumed by the darkness within ~

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyric View Post
    Mara Jade? Somebody has read the Timothy Zahn Series I see... Loved those books.... as for the shroud I give you mad props on the detail included... that shroud is just Dead ***y. I hope to someday be as handy with a dremel as you are.

That Looks very similar to the shroud Mad Hatter made here:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=6071

Is there a template floating around for that? If so... I'd love a copy of it if you wouldn't mind.

Regards,
    Lordcyric
    Thanks guys!
    Well it is indeed 99% the same as the Mad Hatter one because that is saber I saw and based my template on! hehe
    Aaaand because alot of you have been asking for this....
    here is the design template

cheers!

PS:this took me ages to complete!so I hope you'll all use it well

wow! you beat me it to it,lol. i have designed something similiar to madhatter also but with 2 vandal switches,just like that. even using same blade holder. i do have a few changes for the final hilt but ours will be close. thank you for the template,whewwww. makes my job alot easier.you rock!

wow! thanks for the templet!

do you have the templet for the sink tube?
    Last edited by MasterRoop; 03-04-2009 at 03:51 PM.

I think the mara grips should be crome, or if you keep the brass add some brass to the front of the saber to even it out.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

That's too awesome, thank you for sharing your work... I'm thinking that would look pretty pimp in crome or brass over a black hilt with the anit-vandal switches. Now to talk wifey into letting me order some stuff... LOL

Quick question on the Anti-Vandals? What size are you using and did you have Tim Cut the holes for them in the Hilt?
    Last edited by LordCyric; 03-04-2009 at 04:26 PM.
    Lord Cyric ~ Consumed by the darkness within ~

Quote Originally Posted by Sairon View Post
    I think the mara grips should be crome, or if you keep the brass add some brass to the front of the saber to even it out.
    Thanks for the suggestion Sairon.
    I am probably going for black/brass. Black overlay,black grips,black ribbed section and brass inlays(or the opposite), black emmitter, full brass sinktube
    I think