Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: How exactly is the Crystal Focus board hard to obtain?

The good thing is, the Ultrasound 2.1's will be back in stock at some point, here at TCSS.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Yeah, the CF is a holy grail. I'm lucky to even have gotten one, much less a second one. But ya know it's worth it. I'll agree with nova that you spend hours figuring out what you want in terms of settings.
    ...YUP!

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Ben View Post
    Gah! It's such a tease to know about all the different features the CF has, and then not be able to buy one (without a certain degree of luck). But the UltraSound looks like a great board too, so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one. Thanks guys for explaining everything to me.
    You're welcome. And... don't worry.

Most everyone makes a crazy stink about how rare the Crystal Focus boards are, but the truth of the matter is... there have been just about as many CF boards released over time (800 to 1000 or so?) as there have Ultra boards... but... since Erv hasn't mass-produced them at this point... he's hand-soldering all of these!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woqknbHkHe4

That video gives you a tiny idea... and... it's done a bit in a joking manner, but... again--this is a lot for one man to do.

Only time will tell if a more "factory level" run of the CF boards will occur.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

If your looking for something that I feel is a good alternative I just got a Makoto board with blade and it's freak'n awsome! Now that I have his sound card I will most likely order more blades in diffrent colors. ONly issue I have is trying to get it to fit in my MHS saber. THe choke is a bit too small to fit the blade wire through.

Quote Originally Posted by Largos View Post
    If your looking for something that I feel is a good alternative I just got a Makoto board with blade and it's freak'n awsome! Now that I have his sound card I will most likely order more blades in diffrent colors. ONly issue I have is trying to get it to fit in my MHS saber. THe choke is a bit too small to fit the blade wire through.
    Makoto blades are very impressive! However, if you want to do any real dueling, the LEDs will break leaving dark spots. Beautiful for an ornamental saber, not so hot for a saber that will see a lot of practical use. also, they are a bit heavy

Default The 2 cents of the soldering slave

hi all,
    I promise CF won't be that rare in the future (after the summer). The workshop will be finished in may, I'll have more time to give to the saber community, and I'll be able to produce more batches in good conditions.
    I know it's been a year or so since things have really slowed down on my side due to house rennovation, and my workshop was in last position on the ToDO list...
    another batch is planned for the summer

Erv'
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by erv View Post
    hi all,
    I promise CF won't be that rare in the future (after the summer). The workshop will be finished in may, I'll have more time to give to the saber community, and I'll be able to produce more batches in good conditions.
    I know it's been a year or so since things have really slowed down on my side due to house rennovation, and my workshop was in last position on the ToDO list...
    another batch is planned for the summer

Erv'

Thank You so much Erv for the heads up.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That's good news, Erv.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

WOOHOO! I might actually get one!!
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Good to hear, Erv.

(Yes, we're taking over his life. Our plan is succeeding! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)