Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: How exactly is the Crystal Focus board hard to obtain?

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    July could become a turning point.

We'll see.
    Ohh god that would be sick, push hard nova, for all of us,

By the way, do you have any relation to nova conceptions?
    Not as clumsy or random as a blaster, the lightsaber is an elegant weapon, from a more civilized time.

well I just got home from two days at Star Wars Weekends at Disney, and I have to say that this thread is like a bunch of the people there. I cant count how many people would walk up to the autograph lines and ask why they couldnt get in. When they were told that they needed a fastpass, and that they had all been distributed before the park opened they would whine that they like star wars, and they were ENTITLED to meet the stars. There will always be those who "like" something and want it without the work and research that the people who "love and respect" it are willing to put forth. Their bragging is not being "elitist" its pride at what they did with a little leg work. And if said "likers" every put that much effort or passion into something they would understand and do the same.

I <3 Mako

well... I will say this. it can be diffecult to have 200 ready for the right five minutes. I tried last time. unfortunately, Darth Reallife can be a money grubbing lil sith. not hatin on the peeps that get em. not whinin ... Im just sayin. however. when I got my Tax return... the first one that came up aftermarket, I snatched up as fast as I could. and paid a bit over "retail". Now I have a pain in the neck of designing the right hilt to accomodate it and use ALL its features.. so message to those who dont have em. its a right of passage. like losing your um.... cherry. if it happens before it should, you wouldnt know what to do with it if you had in front of you.
    Last edited by sithlordfaust; 05-23-2009 at 11:53 PM.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by sithlordfaust View Post
    Now I have a pain in the neck of designing the right hilt to accomodate it and use ALL its features.. so message to those who dont have em. its a right of passage. like losing your um.... cherry. if it happens before it should, you wouldnt know what to do with it if you had in front of you.
    that is very well put and totally true
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Even though I've been part of the saber community for a long time, I do not feel that my skills are yet up to par with creating a saber that would be worthy of housing a CF (though this is partly due to the fact that I do not have access to some of the proper tools) and taking advantage of all it's features.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't try to get one if I had the money. But I wouldn't rush into putting together a saber for it, I'd hang onto it till I was ready to use it.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

As J-Lo puts it, that's what I did with my 1st custom "THE KAREN". Took me 9 months after I received my CFSC to finally start and finish it.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

I had my first and to date only CF for over a year before it found it's way into a saber. It was not going to go into just any hilt that was for sure. I have just today ripped it out of that saber so I could rebuild it and make a more suitable home for it. Same hilt sorta just better.

I already had the parts for my hilt, but didn't put the CF in there until all the lathe work had been done. I'm in the same camp as J-lo when it comes to limited tools, so I would need to modify my hilt slightly when it comes to putting the blade lock feature etc into action when I get my new board.
    It is a real right of passage, and it has to be said that I did feel abit smug at CE when I was one of only 4 or 5 people with a CF in their saber, whilst most others had simple MR's....
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

I have a v3.1... I took a lil under a year to build a saber around it. At the moment I am designing a new saber for the 3.1 to be transferred into. I like how the last one turned out but I have decided it is more on the MR616 level really. That is the cool part about this hobby... nothing is permanent (depending on how you build a saber of course), nothing says you can't 'gut-and-trade' whenever you want. If you are someone that likes making them for other people than obviously you cant, I am talking about personal collections. Another bonus to swapping components is you can upgrade your saber and your skills at once... "My last saber has a CF but it was a tight fit in the hilt, this time I think I'll try a chassis system"... If you think like Tim did for his US2.0 & 2.1 battery/sound card/speaker combo, you can get 'modular' with your personal sabers. Make a CF chassis with quick disconnects that you can slide out of one saber and into another.... then back again when your taste changes.

I guess I really didn't have a direction I was headed with this post, just wanted to toss in my two cents as far as feast, famine & tumbleweeds are concerned

...On a side note, if you check out the Plecter Labs site, Erv has posted pictures of his newly remodeled lab at his new place. On the table are a good amount of tumbleweeds getting ready to roll outta town
    Last edited by strengthofrage; 05-24-2009 at 07:01 AM.
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Even though I've been part of the saber community for a long time, I do not feel that my skills are yet up to par with creating a saber that would be worthy of housing a CF (though this is partly due to the fact that I do not have access to some of the proper tools) and taking advantage of all it's features. ... ...

Ok, so if J-Lo doesn't have the skills... and Gravy waited until kingdom come to make the right hilt... hmm... HMMMMmmm...

...people are now officially making me feel bloody GUILTY for putting them into the Flange III hilts. Which (really)... are nothing more than adapted sink tubes + some TCSS parts. What could be more simple.

Maybe I will stick with a little bit of "Han Solo" 'tude and sneer: "[They] may not look like much kid[s], but [they've] got it where it counts."

~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide