Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: How exactly is the Crystal Focus board hard to obtain?

Yes it is
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

I meant for this analogy to represent the progression of starting out (like myself, a few sabers w/o sound) to sabers with sound. The experience gained. Then making sabers with sound. Always improving.

Quote Originally Posted by Barmic Rin View Post
    I dyne know what Nova is talking about.....
    Don't worry... I rarely know what I'm talking about either...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

It's a good analogy...to extend it a bit though...

...sometimes the 'haves' can SEEM a little like they are 'gloating'..."I/We killed the Krayt Dragon[s] and now I've/we've got the PEARL[s] and y'all that don't have the 'inside connections' on how to find one to kill PPPP NEEENERS!...

...sometimes it SEEMS like there's an element of "it's not WHAT you know it's WHO you know that counts" ELITISM when 'connected' people seem able to get [relatively] MANY and others who have to 'take their chances among the huddled masses yearning to breathe free' in the 'Gone-in-6-seconds speed-ordering/luck lottery' are able to get NONE...

...thats just a sad fact of human nature that some people will always take an 'I'm Privileged and enjoy Having what You Don't because it makes me feel better than you' elitist attitude I guess...just as its a fact of human nature that other more Egalitarian-minded people can find that [or any kind of] Elitism attitude off-putting, about anything not just sabers.

Though I must say in all fairness that I've NEVER seen any Elitist attitude from ERV himself in anything he has said or done...and I know ERV has done things to try and make *in Gollum voice* "The Precioussss" more available to the rest us 'mere plebians' and really I don't know how he could do anymore - which only makes it more regrettable when there is dissension over this sort of thing between the impatient *cues Queen* "I wannitall and I wannitnow" Noob types and the smug "I got MINE, fuggedaboud you" Establishment types.

Tis all rather SAD imo...lets just all enjoy making our sabers please???

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    Don't worry... I rarely know what I'm talking about either...
    Ah, So that's why reading your posts is like reading pig latin!!
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Getting one is a matter of information gathering and preparation.
    I'm a relative newbie to the community, but I signed up for Erv's e-mail list, paid close attention to posts he made regarding approaching availability, began saving up the cash for the board and shipping a month in advance and was ready the day it went on sale. Sure it's a carnival when he puts them up, but it's a fun carnival!
    Lots of refreshing, paying attention and a little luck and I got one of the first of the second release batch that evening.
    I'll do the same thing when he's ready for another run of them. Maybe I'll get one, maybe I won't. It's not really worth crying about if it's a no-go.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

True, true. Really, I think a lot of the butthurt we see is from people who don't have the money to afford the boards when they are available or aren't willing to try for them in the frenzy on their debut day like the rest of us. Seems to be yet another example of the "I want it now without having to work for it or struggle for it". Same attitude that keeps people from actually...reading the forums or using the search function before asking a question we've covered a hundred times in the past.

If it's any difference, I'm not picking up any CF boards this next time. That frees up about 10 of them right there. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jonitus View Post
    True, true. Really, I think a lot of the butthurt we see is from people who don't have the money to afford the boards when they are available or aren't willing to try for them in the frenzy on their debut day like the rest of us. Seems to be yet another example of the "I want it now without having to work for it or struggle for it". Same attitude that keeps people from actually...reading the forums or using the search function before asking a question we've covered a hundred times in the past.

If it's any difference, I'm not picking up any CF boards this next time. That frees up about 10 of them right there. LOL

I second that!!!

Though, if Jon's not picking up any, I may be able to get a new one... I've been promising my 1.2 to my bro for the last 18months!!!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

I think that there should be a mass produced, mid-ranged sound card that is better than a hasbro board and more available than the CF. That's what I'm working on...

As for the "butthurts" and the fageddabou****", there does seem to be some attitude toward those new to the forum from those who have been here for a while. Take a look at how Nova picks apart my postings, for example...

I actually lurked on this forum for almost two years before I made my first post. I have read nearly everything here and in Erv's tutorials as well as seen every youtube how-to you can imagine.

We should all remember that activity on a forum is no indicator of life experience. Respect and gentle nudging goes a long way to soothe the "butthurts"...

if you wann aget involved with some 'mid-card' (which can be a really robust card)

I suggest you look into the replicantFX project.. and order a kit and help/learn there..

if you want to just design your own from scratch of commision someone to do it like NovaConcepts....etc..etc you may more of alearning curve.. I guess I dont know where your skill-set lies. can you program? understand EE stuff? design a PCB?