Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How exactly is the Crystal Focus board hard to obtain?

Default How exactly is the Crystal Focus board hard to obtain?

Several people have said the Crystal Focus board is difficult to get, but I can't figure out why they are telling me that. They aren't available here, but can't I just simply go on the Plector Labs website and order one? Or is there a backlogged waitlist for them?

One other question regarding sound boards, how is the CF 4 harder to wire than the UltraSound 2? Isn't it just a matter of connecting the batteries, LED, speaker, and switches?

Erv/Plecter Labs only make a few of them at any given time.. batches of 50 or so +/- and they sell out in literally minutes.

You cant 'just order one'... when they are available..he lets people know through his mailing list..that you shoudl already be signed up for.. but even then its just first come, ...first serve.

He tries to be as fair as can be.. and sometimes buts a few up for auction, that are NOT available to people who already hae purchased.. but again.. goog luck..

you have to be ready at whatever time (France time) they are goign the be released.. and even between refreshing your page..they could (and usually are) gone..

Go to plecterlabs.com and read the CF manual to get an idea of what is involved.. it has alot of options/parameters you can tweak/set..

They are only available when Erv, the owner of Plecter Labs has some available. If you were to do some reading on the subject, you'd find that he hand assembles each board, so they take some time to make. Because they are hand assembled, he only has handfuls at a time to sell. When he has them, they have been known to sell out in a matter of seconds...yes, you read that right seconds. To answer your other questions, no, he does not take orders, there is no waiting list, it's first come first serve, and it's more involved in wiring up than an Ultrasound if you plan to use it's many features that I won't get into here, because it's all on the forums already.

EDIT:
    xl, you beat me to it...
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 03-02-2009 at 01:22 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It is very hard to find them in stock at Plecter Labs. If you try to order one you will see that it says that the quanity you have requested is not available.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Oh ok, I didn't realize there were so few, so you can't just order one as you please. I just assumed they were mass produced...wherever circuit boards are made. But made by hand...damn, that's got to take a while. I'm shocked they are priced as low as they are, considering the amount of work that must go into each of them.
    Last edited by Obi-Ben; 03-02-2009 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    EDIT:
    xl, you beat me to it...

neener, neener, neener..

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Ben View Post
    Several people have said the Crystal Focus board is difficult to get, but I can't figure out why they are telling me that. They aren't available here, but can't I just simply go on the Plector Labs website and order one? Or is there a backlogged waitlist for them?

One other question regarding sound boards, how is the CF 4 harder to wire than the UltraSound 2? Isn't it just a matter of connecting the batteries, LED, speaker, and switches?
    It is not significantly harder to wire a CF than a US 2.1...that is assuming you have the skill to do either and not ruin a $130 or $230 soundboard.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Default True That

Those boards are hard to get because they are custom built for the saber community. Mass production makes sense but Erv does not want to saturate the market. Cost of production also has to be favorable to him. It is an amazing piece of work either way. I am still waiting to get my hands on one...

They are well worth the effort it takes to get. I was lucky and managed to get one, and I'm taking my time making a sabre worthy of housing it.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Since we are on the topics of spund boards I have a question I've been wanting to ask for a long time *takes a deep nervous breath*

Is it possible to buy just a MR sound board without the lightsaber?
    If so (and if allowed in the forums) where?

Also what exactly is a Joe Jedi 616 board? And again, where can you get those?
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...