Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Motion clash sensors--how do they work?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by cannibal869 View Post
    It's still a stupid spring inside a small metal tube.

oh, and a BAD one at that...

The plastic top just slides off.
    I thought as much. So it is the oppisite of the nail/spring design, but it works the same.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Just out of curiosity, if a standard clash sensor is just a spring or bearing in a tube that temporarily "closes" a circuit, would it be possible some way to wire that to a led as a kind of "switch"?

My thought is that if there IS a way to do it, why not use it alongside a tri-lux setup (ala xwing)? As in, one led would be wired to the clash sensor seperate from everything else. Sure, you'd need an extra clash sensor, and if it did work you wouldn't be able to match the clash flash with the actual clash sound ALL the time, but it'd be pretty darn close. You'd also be able to use it with ANY driver......

.....of course the problem is is it even possible to wire it of which I have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadeslinger View Post
    Just out of curiosity, if a standard clash sensor is just a spring or bearing in a tube that temporarily "closes" a circuit, would it be possible some way to wire that to a led as a kind of "switch"?

My thought is that if there IS a way to do it, why not use it alongside a tri-lux setup (ala xwing)? As in, one led would be wired to the clash sensor seperate from everything else. Sure, you'd need an extra clash sensor, and if it did work you wouldn't be able to match the clash flash with the actual clash sound ALL the time, but it'd be pretty darn close. You'd also be able to use it with ANY driver......

.....of course the problem is is it even possible to wire it of which I have no clue.
    Grayven is already working on that, Shade:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=6814

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Ha! I should have known. That's awesome!