Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: New knights of the Old Republic Game

I'm not saying he lied, I'll just feel better about it when I hear something from Bioware or LucasArts.

And for the record I've been rooting for this "Unnamed Star Wars MMO" to be a KOTOR based title since I first heard rumors of it 2 years ago. So I want it to be true.

I'm just relaying the information I received as accurately as I can
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

I hear you, I've done some work for EA their corporate HQ is less than two miles from my house, my feeling comes from the manner of his answer, in the corporate world you can say no all you want and take it back later and claim to be protecting your business or partners or shareholders, but you can never take back a yes, an unequivocal yes is a commitment, it's not "we'd like it if", or "we plan to", if you say the magic "Y" word you've promised to deliver.

So when I see a bald yes, it's like a flashing neon sign to me, that executive especially the CEO won't give an answer that conclusive unless he can back it up, otherwise someones going to use it against him later.

I've actually been playing a Table Top Starwars RP. It's pretty much Starwars D&D. KoToR is kinda like a dumbed down version of it... So in this MMO, I wanna be able to pick from a vast number of races and classes, like I can in the Table top one, So that I can become a Jawa Jedi.

Seriously though, Depending on the outcome, I might get it or I might not. Ongoing charges tend to bug me, but if the game is good. I mean, Harder then WoW, easier then Grind-happy Everquest and Vanguard:SoH, somewhere in that happy medium... I'll definately consider it.
    My first saber core design (Switch has been changed):

Soon to be crafted, as soon as I'm able to order. Real life circumstances has sucked the $$ outta me, but I'm saving back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Slait View Post
    I've actually been playing a Table Top Starwars RP. It's pretty much Starwars D&D. KoToR is kinda like a dumbed down version of it... So in this MMO, I wanna be able to pick from a vast number of races and classes, like I can in the Table top one, So that I can become a Jawa Jedi.

Seriously though, Depending on the outcome, I might get it or I might not. Ongoing charges tend to bug me, but if the game is good. I mean, Harder then WoW, easier then Grind-happy Everquest and Vanguard:SoH, somewhere in that happy medium... I'll definately consider it.

I completely agree. The whole concept of constantly paying to play a game that I just payed 50 bucks for kind of pisses me off. The biggest problem with MMO's is that there is no single player offline mode of playing them. I bought galaxies a few years ago, it gave you the first month of play for free. The problem was that after a month of extended daily playing, my character could barely fight off a couple of Gizkas. The other problem is that people with extremely fast connection speeds have an unfair advantage over those with a more sluggish connection.

As for the desktop rpg I've played D&D and would love to play the SW game there is also a Battlestar Galactica RPG as well. I have almost all of the source books for the Star Wars game. But I've never played. The source books are great for character development ideas, and keeping the SW time line intact.

I'm thinking a KOTOR MMO set DURING the sith war or the Mandalorian wars.

That's what i'd want. I think Bioware could do a decent job of it, and if they can get it looking as good as Mass effect, i'll part with my cash!!! So long as the subscription fee is reasonable)

Also, if they need to put canon characters in there as quest givers, I don't want too many 'big' characters like Nomi sunrider dishing them out.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Hmmmm.... I my self would rather have KOTOR3 the storys are excellent, and it worries me how they will have a deveoping story in a MMO. But A MMO does sound pretty cool as long as galaxies has no influence on it what so ever. And sice jedi will be a class they better be sumwhat weak. kinda like a Hunter in wow that can only ware leather. Cause if we have strong jedi and sith runin around we will all be F****D. I hope it Follows WoW and Warhammers Example of gameplay and UI. but I mostly Want each class To Have Pros and Cons. And any race can be any class would rock, but certin races would be better at certin classes.

Thats My 2 credits in the matter.

Banned Sith Lord

Default New knights of the Old Republic Game

Im sure im not the only one who knows anout this. I picked up a PC gaming Magazine and saw that they are working on a new Knights of the Old Repunlic game. Heres the URL http://www.jedinet.com/games/star-wa...old-republic-3

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

There's already an older thread about this that kind of died:
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!