Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New knights of the Old Republic Game

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Leximus View Post
    what??????????
    I think he meant that it's a character not an actor thats "in" the game, kind of like saying luke skywalker is in EP IV, well of course he is.

In the cantina drinkin' Colt 45's with Lando

I too am boggled by this.

DDD

I loved both KOTOR games. But I too would love to see KOTOR III than a MMO version of KOTOR. But you never know unless you try it.

I think people are judging this game REALLY prematurely, like I said before I always felt limited playing the Kotor Games, it breaks my sense of immersion when I'm constantly bouncing off the artificial walls set to keep me 'on course'. The one thing I've always really wanted to do is just play around in the universe, running a scripted story is fine, but it's not an effective use of the medium, they might as well spend the money making more movies, you'd have about as much say in how things turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_DevilGuy View Post
    I think people are judging this game REALLY prematurely, like I said before I always felt limited playing the Kotor Games, it breaks my sense of immersion when I'm constantly bouncing off the artificial walls set to keep me 'on course'. The one thing I've always really wanted to do is just play around in the universe, running a scripted story is fine, but it's not an effective use of the medium, they might as well spend the money making more movies, you'd have about as much say in how things turn out.
    I have to agree with you on that one DD, good stories but, to limited. And the only down fall on KOTOR II was that the ending,it was like they just wanted to hurry up and end the game. So it would be cool to have the option to go through out the galaxy and go and do anything you want even fly the star ships for ones! LOL! but its Star Wars. I'll have to play it!

In the cantina drinkin' Colt 45's with Lando

well the game hasnt come out yet prematurely judging is the only thing that can really be done at this point. I think what folks are saying is that they have come to know and expect a KOTOR title to have a storyline that the player has to follow, but thats part of the experience of that game... maybe it is limited, but even so the first KOTOR was an awesome gaming experience. I think most folks probably wished they could go exploring wherever they wanted but understood that was the format for the game. It was more about the story and the character development and interactions, and I think thats what people would want form another KOTOR game. Maybe they will be able to tie these aspects into a MMO type game, and that would be amazing, and lets hope thats what happens... you know, its just people expressing their opinions about what they think a game is going to be like some people will like the idea, some wont.

DDD

eh, different strokes...

honestly since Sony Online Entertainment raped and murdered of starwars galaxies I've been waiting for a company with some real chops to take a swing at it.

I'm also very pleased that the next starwars MMO is a KotOR title, because the KotOR time period will allow the developers to avoid the rampent tie ins, and story limitations that plague other starwars games.

I'm actually looking at this as a glass half full situation, I like regular RPG's, but I wasn't expecting another KotOR, I play MMO's and was hoping that another Starwars MMO would be made, and not only do I get another title set in the Kotor timeline it's the MMO I was hoping for!

Ok some of you may be aware that I am an aspiring game devolper and have been in talks with EA and Visual Concepts about possible projects, so I try to stay up on this stuff as much as possible!

I was telling my partner about the news about this game finally being confirmed as a KOTOR title and after some shows of excitement he did some researching...

According to him, it was not a LucasArts or BioWare spokesperson who spoke of this new MMO, it was the CEO of EA who "confirmed" this game was in fact KOTOR based...a fact which has NOT been confirmed or denied by Bioware or LA.

It is my experience that you should never trust the word of Executives...especially if they work for EA.

Not trying to say this is bogus, just want to help people stay grounded and ready for dissappointment if this game never happens
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

well and good, but when he was asked if the bioware austin project was a kotor MMO his answer was "yes", this was at an interview at E3, if he lied, thats his job, it's already all over the place, say what you will but I really doubt that he'd be that blunt about it if there were a shadow of a doubt anywhere on EA's side.

Quote Originally Posted by Braxus View Post
    Massive Multiplayer Online Game. games like World of Warcraft, StarWars Galaxies, EverQuest, ect... are MMOs
    Which means it costs you money to buy the game, and then it also costs you a monthly fee in order to play it as well.....I won't be buying it.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.