Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New knights of the Old Republic Game

I was told in my local Game Station they were dropping KOTOR 3 and going straight to 4 (Obviously they will call it 3) SO I'm guessing its based many years later

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

Talking

Id be happier with a KOTOR, My life is too busy to be ingrossed in a MMO.

Full of Win & Awesome. Current ranking, 10 internetz.
    Sponsoring internetz increases levels of Win & Awesome.
    Barmic youve got me started on something now

well there definetly making a KOTOR MMO, not a sequel. as i said it was confirmed at E3 lastnight. also if you look at the BIOWARE website its stated that they have been developing an "UNNAMED" MMO for at least 2 years now. rumors were that it was a KOTOR based game, but last night it was confirmed. Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic is going online.

I too would love a KOTOR3. KOTOR2 was ok and nowhere near as awesome as the original. but also i would be happy with an MMO as long as it stickes to the principles of the singleplayer game and doesnt get Fraked up like SW Galaxies did.

Yeah, I'd rather see a KOTOR 3 too. Until then I'm waiting for the (hopefully soon) release of the the final build from the Sith Lords Restoration Project so I can play KOTOR 2 with most of the cut stuff restored.
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger

In the cantina drinkin' Colt 45's with Lando

I looooooove KOTOR 1.... 2 was ok, but 1 was a masterpiece. Anyswayze, I think the prospect of a KOTOR MMO is kind of cool, but seems almost like a cop out, a way to cash in on the popularity and demand for more KOTOR without having to actually develop a new story and characters for which the game is known for. So without a backstory, a brilliant cast of player characters, etc, its not so much KOTOR as it is just another MMO, but based in a different time period. I heard Galaxies sucked the balls so I am interested in this since Old Republic is a pretty sweet time period, but I think calling it KOTOR is a tactic to draw in the fanbase that has already been established, but on the reverse of that, anything with the Star Wars label already has a built in audience that is guaranteed to purchase the game. But you know, whatever, I'll still buy it.

DDD

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus Lupus View Post
    Until then I'm waiting for the (hopefully soon) release of the the final build from the Sith Lords Restoration Project so I can play KOTOR 2 with most of the cut stuff restored.
    I was perfectly content with my Xbox version until I heard of that. It's the only reason I'm getting KOTOR 2 on PC.

At least now that "mysterious" door on Telos that has the blue area change line on the map behind it will be put to some use.

Red 6 Standing By

I think I'm less pessimistic about a Kotor MMO than the rest of you, maybe because I'm already an MMO junkie, static single player RPG's are OK imo, but I really like the level of community you get in a good MMO, and the model allows you to build a sandbox that single player RPG's don't often have.

The one thing I never did like about the Kotor Games was that I was compelled to progress through the story. Don't get me wrong, they were great stories, but I was always running into places I couldn't go because I hadn't unlocked them by advancing the story, it took some of the wonder out of it for me because I could see the world's limitations. That's why I adore the sandbox model that alot of MMO's seem to be emulating, honestly if I'm going to control a character and get attached to it I want it to be mine, and I want to go where I want and do what I want with them.

With bioware doing the development, I think we'll see something really spectacular, in the meantime I'll build some sabers, and play AoC.

Vader's Apprentice is going to be in Force Unleashed coming out this fall...

see linke here:
    http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/

I bought my 360 just to be able to play this when it comes out......

A MMO would stink......cool idea, but in reality, sucks.....

A KOTOR 3 would be cool though......

BD
    J.
    TK/TB/ID 8286
    501st Pathfinders Lancer
    Carolina Garrison- 501st Legion
    Blue Ridge Base- Rebel Legion
    BlackDOG across the SW forums galaxy......

Gotta love you guys saying "Vader's Apprentice" as if saying that Luke Skywalker plays Luke Skywalker.

Red 6 Standing By

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdoTransvestite View Post
    Gotta love you guys saying "Vader's Apprentice" as if saying that Luke Skywalker plays Luke Skywalker.
    what??????????
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr