Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PVC+Coping Saw+Dremel=Lightsaber

Default PVC+Coping Saw+Dremel=Lightsaber

First off, props to Jay Gon for the pvc & Blade tutorial on this one! Also, thanks to FenderBender, 'cause b4 I saw his use of this RGB I thought this led was junk. Once I put the optic on it I saw the light! It's as bright as a LuxIII.
    It's got a 3 watt RGB from China with a push button rotary selector switch. 4AAA batt pack and on/off switch from radio crap, 1" thick walled poly-c from TCSS some custom coping saw/dremel work by me.
    Pics:

Darth Flatulous

Talking

nice job and great sig!
    LOCKHEED

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Interesting. I like the color combo.

This is obviously just meant as a show piece. You'd break the shroud if you tried to fight with it, since there can be some flex and vibration in the blade when doing so.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Great Saber. I like what you did with the shroud.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Thats a nice first saber. great job!
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

I like the burgandy handle on it... it looks cool...

Great job....kind of resembles an UltraSabers Dominix. The colors are great.

Default Thanks!

I was originally going to make the rest of the black parts burgundy,too. But I made this as kinda of rush job to have something semi-duelable to bring to the 1st meeting of the L.I. Jedi.

I was gonna duel w/this but as Jedi Loreen pointed out, that shroud is gonna get toasted.
    Last edited by Ingchao; 03-02-2009 at 05:54 PM.
    Darth Flatulous

Nicely done! And who are you amongst the LI Jedi? I still need to join the forums over there *headdesk* (I'm SO lazy about these things–which is weird given I'm a net ADDICT) but the Nightstar Clan are friends of mine
    The day may come when the courage of men fails...
    ...But it is not this day! This day – We FIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Anavrin View Post
    Nicely done! And who are you amongst the LI Jedi? I still need to join the forums over there *headdesk* (I'm SO lazy about these things–which is weird given I'm a net ADDICT) but the Nightstar Clan are friends of mine
    I'm Ingchao over there, too.
    I met Azure Dragon at Icon last year and freaked when I heard they where doing an LI thing. I met TaoMoon the other night for the 1st time. They are really cool people!
    Get yourself signed up over there!
    I hear you about the net addict thing, Facebook alone is a big addiction and I'm on like 4 forums. I should be practicing my sword work instead of talking about it!
    Darth Flatulous