Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Request: Pictures of bullet tips

Default Request: Pictures of bullet tips

Hi All,

I searched "bullet" and "bullet tip" but still couldn't find any pictures of TCSS's bullet tips mounted on an illuminated saber.

Does anyone have some they could post? I'm trying to determine how much light, if any, they let through. And if not, then how, if possible, I could mod it to do so. Much appreciated.

*EDIT* I searched "bullet tip*" and found a picture. It would still be nice to compile a few more pictures and different angles (and a full blade shot instead of only closeups) Thanks anyway. Mods may delete this thread if deemed repetitive.
    Last edited by Goodman; 01-06-2009 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Edited for Retraction

drill a little hole in the mittle(not very deep) through the mirror, it will let more light into the tip.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

lol, you could drill some holes, but I dont know if that would split it or not...

Winning the fight isn't everything. It's the only thing, and you have two options- TapouT or PassouT.
    Official Saber Concepts Saber Designer

I thought just using two layers of that stuff that they use for the anti-static electronics bags is good enough? I'm trying that now and it looks like it works just fine - even lighting, no weird central bright spot. I didn't put a hole in the middle.
    LOCKHEED

Thanks, yeah, I planned to bore out as much of the center as possible, but I needed pictures to confirm how much would be needed (if any) to achieve the amount lighting I want. 'Never hurts to plan ahead before buying!

I'll also use a small mirror with the center bored out (donut/washer style) and see what that does.

**EDIT**

That's interesting, cannibal. Do you have any pictures?

If using the mirrors in the store, just scrape off a little of the backing in the middle, there's no way you can drill it.
    "vibrations within vibrations, traveling at the speed of color"

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Once I finish my new "Erv" style blade (it has a pointed blade tip) I will post pics. But it will be a few days...

The saber is an amber Dominix, using the new UltraEdge white polycarbonate blade.
    The bullet tip has a double layer of the anti-static bag material glued on.

EDIT: forgot to mention - the ultraedge is just the blade itself - i.e. no internal polypropylene or wrap of any kind.
    I need to go to Michaels soon so I can put that stuff in... in theory, the blade should be even brighter then
    Last edited by cannibal869; 01-08-2009 at 12:50 AM.
    LOCKHEED

Excellent result.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)