Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Custom saber question

Lightbulb Custom saber question

Im new to the saber seene and i wanted to know if there was any way anyone could make a custom maris Brood Guard shoto saber

Banned Sith Lord

wow mariss brood.... very interesting design. ill see what i can come up with as far as design and materiel. I would like to be of help to somebody. best thing to do would to be to use MHS from TCSS. and ill see what i can find for the side handle...

Best bet would probably be a 1.25" sink tube. You're definitely looking at some custom parts to attach the side grip, and the wiring on it is going to be akward at best. Not a great recommendation for your first saber, but hey, go for the gold. Heck, I'm working on a pair of these myself, so Tim's already got most of the design work for the handle done.

Some quick designs.
    My set:

or, a reversed grip (can't remember which Maris uses)
    Last edited by Darth Demens; 02-26-2009 at 10:00 PM.

New Staff Design

i think the next saber i make for myself will be a gaurd shoto (not sure how much of a "shoto" it will be though)

for me i intend to use a flashlight that i picked up as the side handle. its small enough that it wont get in the way if i want to use the saber standard grip

The trick with the side handle is having it attached in such a way that it'll be solid enough to use. Tim and I went back and forth for a few weeks before we were able to come up with something that would let everything work the way I wanted it to, but still be both functional and that he would be able to make without charging me my first 3 children.

New Staff Design

I am working on a Tonfa saber myself. I already know how to make the side handle sturdy and still allow for wires to pass through.

I was going to modify some 3" double female threaded connectors to have permanent side handles that take the low profile TCSS switches at the top of the side handle and sell them but now I think I'm going to be beaten to it by several people. I hate you all.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Prototype should be done soon.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Banned Sith Lord

well there ya go..... i guess thats better than what i could have done.

A billy club lightsaber? I didn't know such a thing existed!

Banned Sith Lord

Maris Brood has a really cool lightsaber design. I kinda think shes kinda hot too. LOL. I wonder who would win in a duel between MAriss Brood and Asajj Ventress? That would be a fight to see. Ya mariss brood has a very unique design wich i havent seen before. To attach that perpindicular handle in a real Luxeon lightsaber would be a challenge....