Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: K2 or P4

Isn't the P4 only available in white? If so, it's not much of an option for most people.

P4 is available in white, blue, green and red as far as I know.

The red apparently isn't all that from what I've read, but the green and blue are supposed to be quite nice and bright. And the white is the LED of choice for white + filters.

not advertising this site since you can find these LEDs elsewhere (i.e. in the TCSS store) for cheaper, but at least this gives you an idea of the available colors:
    http://www.led-tech.de/en/High-Power...-c_121_78.html
    Last edited by cannibal869; 03-01-2009 at 05:18 PM.
    LOCKHEED

Banned Sith Lord

the P4 white is probably the brightest Led out right now unless you look at the Cree Leds. and those are too advance for me. the P4 is probably the brightest and easiest to work with. Obi ben what were you thinking of building as far as lightsaber are concerned?

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoonbass View Post
    the P4 white is probably the brightest Led out right now unless you look at the Cree Leds. and those are too advance for me. the P4 is probably the brightest and easiest to work with. Obi ben what were you thinking of building as far as lightsaber are concerned?
    Actually a white Tri-Rebel would be the brightest...

But we digress, and that is off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoonbass View Post
    the P4 white is probably the brightest Led out right now unless you look at the Cree Leds.
    I thought Cree made the P4? At least, that's what it says on mine.

P4's are manufactured by Seoul Semi-conductor:
    http://www.zled.com/en/product/prd/zpowerLED.asp

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Banned Sith Lord

hmm i missed the white tri rebel... how would that compare to a P4 in brightness and would i be able to use AAA battery holder and buckpuck to power it?

Great, now I'm not sure what I have. Since they were out of stock in the store i got this:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1302

Is that something... inferior?

Banned Sith Lord

I have no clue what you have. it says Cree P4. Sounds like a Cree and a Seoul P4. might want to ask more people what that is cuz i have no idea

looks like a Cree. I think P4 might be their own designation...

i.e. see here: http://www.cree.com/products/pdf/LED...L1-40G(19).pdf this is the amber, but you get the idea

It's not a seoul - or at least the emitter doesn't look like a seoul.
    if you look at the led-tech site I posted earlier, you can see what each emitter type looks like.

As for the rebel, you can use 4AA or 4AAA (total = 6V) to power a
    1000 mA buckpuck and use that to drive at least 2 rebels (in series?), which I think might be brighter than a single P4 (it's also more expensive)...I'm not quite sure it'll be able to do all three at once.

The only trick is using the right optics, but I think you can actually get away with just using a K2 lens mount and standard 5 degree optics and get pretty good results.
    LOCKHEED