Thread: Can an mr fx board run a lux V?

Default Can an mr fx board run a lux V?

Title says it all, ive got a luke mr fx board, and a blue lux v, how should I wire this?
    Not as clumsy or random as a blaster, the lightsaber is an elegant weapon, from a more civilized time.

You can't. Not directly anyway. The MR board cannot, by itself run a Luxeon v. The required voltage for the led is too much for the soundboard.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

The fx board can't handle the voltage needed for the lux V. So, use a 5v voltage regulator for the fx board, and wire up the lux V in parallel. Use a DPDT latching switch for the two.

Lux Rebel blue compares to a V, nearly beats it and has the same specs as a 3 Watt

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

Quote Originally Posted by vargose View Post
    The fx board can't handle the voltage needed for the lux V. So, use a 5v voltage regulator for the fx board, and wire up the lux V in parallel. Use a DPDT latching switch for the two.
    Or instead of a DPDT use a SPST for one circuit and use a relay for the other.

Here is a diagram. I am not sure exactly how to wire up the regulator but I think this is right. You could always use a resistor instead of the buck puck in this example.

LuxVandFxSound.jpg
    Last edited by vargose; 03-09-2009 at 07:26 AM.

It would be easyer to use a dpdt switch to make sure the 2 circuts stay seperate.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre View Post
    It would be easyer to use a dpdt switch to make sure the 2 circuts stay seperate.
    I agree. If it comes down to the look/style of the switch though, he has an option.