Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Curved double hilts update

Default Curved double hilts update

Hi guys!

Thought it was about time for an update on my double curved hilts. Some of you may remember me posting these renders around September last year of my proposed double hilts:

Well I have finally got them back from the guys at JQlightsabers, who have made my design into reality!

I only got them back the weekend and I quickly added in the switches and led holders just to see what they would roughly look like when finished.

The two sabers side by side:

A close up of the button assembly (you may recognise it from my other saber Halcyon) and emitter:

Me holding one of the sabers:

The sabers connected in a bow arrangement:

The sabers connected in a 'S' curve arrangement:

and finally a close up of one of the quick disconnect ends of one of the sabers:

These are lacking all the electronics at the moment, and will do until I can raise the cash for a couple of CF's

My intention is to have a custom black leather grip on both sabers located between the two aluminium rings you can see either side of the grip area - I just need to improve my sewing machine skills first

These will be Sith sabers with red and white accent leds, and an amber led in the power button.

Let me know what you think - all comments are welcome, especially ideas for names

Graf.

Good job so far! Cool renders... where'd you get that done??
    LOCKHEED

The renders I did myself, the machine work was done by JQlightsabers here in the UK from my designs

O.O WOW!!!!!! i LOVE those!!!!!!!

man, it looks like my works is cut out for me, its gonna be really hard for my double curved hilts to stand up to that

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Those are cool.

I hope they come apart (the single sabers themselves) so that you can get the electronics inside them.

Good luck on procuring 2 CFs, that could take a while. Are you planning to do something simpler, like a direct drive set up, while your waiting for those?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Yes, at least a simple direct drive setup to give those emitters something to spit!

Great design, and great job to JQ to make it a reality.

I remember those!. That's a nice set of sabers there Graphixa!
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

I remembered the renders. Those are very nicely done.

The hilts look fantastic! I can't wait to see them with leather in place =P

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

Those are really cool, even better when you get the CF boards too, once again JQlightsabers have shown how brilliant they are. I have a saber on order from them too ( the one down there ) and there all way very helpful (helped me allot with my current saber).