Thread: Running a Lux V on Ultrasound 2.0/2.1 K2 Setting

Default Running a Lux V on Ultrasound 2.0/2.1 K2 Setting

Has anyone tried running a green lux V on Ultrasound 2.0/2.1 K2 setting? I know that the Lux 3 Overdrive setting using a green lux V has been done and has increased brightness since the lux V receives 1200mA but would the 1500mA on the K2 setting be too much?

Thumbs down

uh... yes.
    I think the Lux 3 overdrive is ok, but 1500 mA is more than double the recommended 700 mA that the Lux V usually gets.
    It might work for a few seconds, but I would expect the LED to blow out relatively quick after that...

Of course, if you have the funds, you could conduct some...uh.. experiments and get back to us with the results
    LOCKHEED

Quote Originally Posted by scout malikim View Post
    Has anyone tried running a green lux V on Ultrasound 2.0/2.1 K2 setting? I know that the Lux 3 Overdrive setting using a green lux V has been done and has increased brightness since the lux V receives 1200mA but would the 1500mA on the K2 setting be too much?
    You're kidding right?

That's a LOT of current to be running through that junction. The LED is going to suffer from thermal failure of the junction, probably just before the batteries deplete very VERY quickly.

You're talking about running the LED at over twice the Current it is rated for at MAX constant, plus running it at LEAST 7.2V... Eat batteries for breakfast? I think so.

There are much more efficient LEDs out there than Lux V. that can be pushed pretty far, AND they will be easier on batteries.