Thread: we need pictures of sabers with lee filters

Lightbulb we need pictures of sabers with lee filters

that way we can get a sense of what each color looks like, beforehand. can someone in charge sticky a thread about lee filters picture color reference.

Wiccan Jedi, I am high priest Khaos Lyfer

Just remember you are "unique"....Just like everybody else.
    i wonder what time it is on Coruscant

Sure, I'll get out the camera tonight.

There are several pictures on the site already, that show sabers using Lee filters. Try the search function, it might turn up quite a few.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Also remember that different cameras expose and color differently–just like different films and processes. Not to mention that what looks 'washed out' in an over-driven P4 with a 38" blade might look INCREDIBLE in a 26" blade with a Lux 1. There are a LOT of variables–the best option for yourself? Just get the Lee Filters and go from there. There are only a few bazillion options in there, you can even drive a good purple with some of them (*cough*purplerose*cough*). Not to mention you'll then HAVE the filters and just be able to pick
    The day may come when the courage of men fails...
    ...But it is not this day! This day – We FIGHT!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

There are a bunch of pictures in the "LED colors / blades" section. I posted a few there, and I just added another picture to my original post.

It's by no means an exhaustive list. I just sat with the Lee book and shone the saber through the filters onto the ceiling. When I saw a color I liked, I cut it out and took a picture.

If there's a certain color you'd like to see, I'd be willing to try it and post a picture. I kind of like playing around and trying different colors.

The best thing to do though, would be to get a white P4 and a Lee swatch book and try it for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie View Post
    There are a bunch of pictures in the "LED colors / blades" section. I posted a few there, and I just added another picture to my original post.

It's by no means an exhaustive list. I just sat with the Lee book and shone the saber through the filters onto the ceiling. When I saw a color I liked, I cut it out and took a picture.

If there's a certain color you'd like to see, I'd be willing to try it and post a picture. I kind of like playing around and trying different colors.

The best thing to do though, would be to get a white P4 and a Lee swatch book and try it for yourself.

i have a lee swatch but my saber is not made yet which will have a white p4 so i cannot do it myself. im looking for a good orange can you figure out a good one or maybe a combo that makes a good orange and do pics with the blade lit up?

Wiccan Jedi, I am high priest Khaos Lyfer

Just remember you are "unique"....Just like everybody else.
    i wonder what time it is on Coruscant

I already told him on chat/shout box to search as there were many posted... guess he didnt believe me.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by darth ney View Post
    i have a lee swatch but my saber is not made yet which will have a white p4 so i cannot do it myself. im looking for a good orange can you figure out a good one or maybe a combo that makes a good orange and do pics with the blade lit up?

Then I don't see what your issue is.

Can you not just wait till you get your saber and try them out for yourself?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I think we've had this conversation before, Darth Ney. That's why I took the second batch of those photos in the first place. I tried the orange and the deep golden amber, and found that they gave the best options for a good orange.

I can't remember where I posted it in the first place, but the pictures are now in the blade color thread. Beyond that, I can't really help you. You'll just have to experiment for yourself.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

There is a thread in the LED Colors/blades forum with plenty of pictures of lee filters. Look there.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!