Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: From Zero to Saber

Thanks for your kind replys

I have added a Video now in the first Post

The insulation was done by taping some film into the 7" extension. Most of my electronics is in there so I have no risk of short something. Also I additional taped done all wires to the Li/Ion cells. The other parts were insulated using different kinds of heatshrink.

Once I had done the first overlay it looked quiet nice. But for me to much chrom and to much similar fields on the saber. I have thought about skipping my design plans, but I did go on with the planned second overlay.
    There is one big advantage were I like the second overlay second than just the look. It adds grip to the saber. there wer I place my first hand is no overlay expect the thin lines from middle to behind. But the second hand is place directly at the pommel were I love the groves of the overlay.

Because it was asked. I used special flexible metal glue to fix the second overlay from pattex. This stuff is so sticky that it doesn´t come off even when pulling at full force (tried it).

Default like

great video. me like. Did you build those additional internal circuits yourself?

In the cantina drinkin' Colt 45's with Lando

that is freaking awesome. Good work man.

DDD

Nice looking saber my friend, and I like the look of the brushed steel better than the chrome, so eating it on the hard stone was probably a good thing imo.
    Not as clumsy or random as a blaster, the lightsaber is an elegant weapon, from a more civilized time.

Chrom was indeed a bit too shiny in my opinion

There is a CF4.1, a Plecter Bargarpgh, a Powerxtender and a Slimline LED driver in there. These are all buyable items. The only thing that I did here is lots of studing plans, wireing and resistor calculation. Nothing that is very hard.

Just to mention it that does also mean that the saber is crowded. I do not have space left because of connectors and cables.

An early contender... VERY inspiring work

wow , that is amazing.

There was another saber built a while back that is similarly cool to this one, but I can't find the thread. It also had a video and played the star wars theme along with leds flashing in sync. Does anybody have the link to that thread?

edit--------------
    nevermind, of course after 20 minutes of searching I can't find it and once I post here.... well what do you know.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=6071

I want them both
    Last edited by duncan29793; 02-22-2009 at 01:15 PM.

OMG, for a new guy, you've got it going on! I didn't know Erv was making CFs with Maiden now Seriously, though dude, that is some exceptional work! I am jealous!

Absolutely beautiful. I'm awe-struck and near speechless.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

<speechless>
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...