Thread: How do you wire in accent leds?

Default How do you wire in accent leds?

Hey, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to wire in accent leds and what to run them with? Also, what are some good accent leds to use, i noticed tim has some are those ok?

Default accent

not sure if you buy an LED from France if it will have a french accent. j/k

The one Tim sells are great. Radio Shack has some nice ones from time to time as well. Try and find out what the LED is rated with so you know how much power it will take to run.

First rule I learned when working with LEDs is to use an appropriate resistor. This is generally derived from a calculation and there are calculators on-line to help find the correct value.

The simple way to run them would probably be from the output of the battery pack. The crystal focus board and ultrasound board should have some extra output power you could tap into as well.

The lights for crystal chambers are also accent LEDs so any diagrams about wiring those may be useful as well.

Actually, I was hoping for links to some wirirng diagrams that show how to wire in the accent leds. And specific voltage and amperage limits.

Figured it out, tim has the specs on the led resistor chart LOL