Thread: Need an opinion or a direction.

Default Need an opinion or a direction.

Ok I just purchased a Dooko sabre from Walmart. I am Using the board and, hum and clash sensors.
    1) The current set up requires x2 c batts. Would like to loose that without over loading the board or under powering.
    2) The power or on off is actually located in the center of the board IE part of the bord much like a calculator.

I am goin to be using an LED plus a couple of others for small detail. Any suggestions as to how to go about wiring with the current switch. As I can not move it so evey thing will come on at once instead of using two switches? Or would it be best to just take this as a learing expierence and buy a diffrent set up. If the answer is buy a diffrent one what simple store bought should i go with IE Vader, Kenobi ETC. Thanks for the help. If you need pick or a Diagram will re post. Thanks alot.
    Life is Hard... But It's Harder When You're Stupid! John Wayne
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Council Member
    Sith Lord

You can hardwire a new switch to the board. Just solder the switch leads to the embedded switch posts or to both ends of the switch circuit on the board.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Thumbs up

Ok Now not to sound like a complete Rock here but is there any tip or secret besides a steady hand and take my time that you may have for doing that and thank you for the speedy reply BTW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Council Member
    Sith Lord

apply some flux to the leads on the board, use a fine tip Iron and tin the leads and wires before trying to solder the wires to the leads.

HERE is a link to a video of what I am talking about.

here is a pix too:

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

Sweet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Could this be attempted on a 1995 Luke ROTJ? I have one and has anyone done this?

*edit* Oh, found one,never mind
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...read.php?t=372
    Last edited by VeggieJedi; 02-15-2009 at 06:52 AM.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieJedi View Post
    Could this be attempted on a 1995 Luke ROTJ? I have one and has anyone done this?

*edit* Oh, found one,never mind
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...read.php?t=372
    Yep...