Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need Advice! New to the saber scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra121212 View Post
    Ok good. I guess my only other question then is how can I secure the sink tube blade holder with screws without messing with the existing design? I'd really prefer to keep the emitter as plain as possible.
    hmmm....is there anything in between the 1.5" piece of your emitter and the 1.25" piece? Or is there an empty gap in there?

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

The emitter can pop off, but the sink tube begins to widen at that point. There might be a little room for a very flat screw to fit, maybe.
    Here are a couple of pics with the emitter popped off.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Are the two o-rings/washers attahced at all? If not, you might be able to space those out around the screw heads and them install the emitter cover piece to hide them.

In case you haven't seen one of the 1.25" blade holders installed, here's what it looks like in a saber I built a while back:

And another one:

The forward most screw can act as a blade set-screw hole, too, but those are the mounting screw holes that come pre-drilled. It'll come with two of the pan-head socket screws for attaching it, but I like to drill a third hole opposite the second hole like so:

It just makes feel a little more secure to me.

You can mount it as deep in the hilt as you need, but the blade will go into the socket 2".

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Thanks Jay-Gon, no nothing is attached right now. I didn't want to make any mistakes that couldn't be undone later. I think if I slide the middle section, (where I hope my switch will go,) all the way down to the black wrapping, then I can move the emitter down but still have about 1 inch of "neck" on the saber which I want for my grip.