Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: LED Brightness Chart

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Diah View Post
    For the multi Rebels, see this: http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=15083.0

Xwing makes his own and can get 3 to fit "under one roof".

What you're doing is basically blending 2 leds and using the other one for a momentary clash/flash. I expect it to be brighter than a Lux V.
    But note the bold "FOR SALE IS CLOSED!" message. Until it's widely available, it's not a realistic solution for most of us. It's like mentioning the Crystal Focus as a good alternative to UltraSound or an MR board. Sure, it could be a great alternative, if you could actually get your hands on.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Xwing will be making more soon. I signed up for one and hopefully more in the future.

Xwing wrote: "I'll be offering these in the future. Right now I'm 90% it will be through my webpage in a more automated way."

So stay tuned. It shouldn't be that hard to get one in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thorn View Post
    But note the bold "FOR SALE IS CLOSED!" message. Until it's widely available, it's not a realistic solution for most of us. It's like mentioning the Crystal Focus as a good alternative to UltraSound or an MR board. Sure, it could be a great alternative, if you could actually get your hands on.

Yeah, but doesn't the problem with the Rebels always come back to the fact that they consist of three chips that are not under a single dome, and are therefore difficult to focus?
    Difficult, yes.
    Impossible, no.

Reflector = good...
    Experimentation, ingenuity and implementation = better...

You are right though: the fact that the Rebels (for a 3-up arrangement) are NOT all under a single silicone dome makes the optics quite a bit less ideal.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

How does the Lux III Royal blue compare to the Lux III Blue in terms of brightness, perceived to the eye?
    No numbers. Just which one appears brighter if you place them side by side?

And another question: If I run a Lux III blue with the resistor for a Lux III Red, will there be any negative side effects to the LED, or will it just be obscenely bright?
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre View Post
    http://www.rapidonline.com/productin...moduleno=74701

That is an actual orange led and dosent need any color mixing to get it right, its dead orange.

Does anyone know a "cheaper on shipping" place to get this LED? Its the EDSA-3LA3 from Edison
    Last edited by vargose; 04-09-2009 at 10:05 AM.

The blue should "look" brighter than royal blue because royal blue is closer to ultraviolet in the color spectrum. However, royal blue still looks great and is a more saturated looking blue. I like royal blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Eco View Post
    [COLOR="Green"]How does the Lux III Royal blue compare to the Lux III Blue in terms of brightness, perceived to the eye?
    No numbers. Just which one appears brighter if you place them side by side?

Link on the first post seems to be messed up, see if this fixes it.

http://www.rapidonline.com/Electroni...Star-LED/74701
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

What about white? I just tried a White K2 for the first time, because people were raving about its brightness...but frankly I don't see it (literally). The recommended forward voltage is 3.85 volts, so rather than using my usual 4aaa Ni-MH setup, I'm using 3aaa Ni-MHs. And it's just not very bright. Side-by-side with a Cyan Luxeon III, it's just no match. Should I be ignoring the forward voltage recommendation and try running it at 4.8 volts, or would that fry it or make no difference in brightness?
    i used the 4aaa bat pack runing my white k2 with no resistor at 6v and it works just fine i use it with a 3/4in pvc tube and the color disk cuz i wanted an orange blade with the dark orange disk works great for

but the pvc blade kinda has a brown/orange tit to it witch i like alil

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

First Post:

Hello!

Looking to start building my first lightsaber, and i was curious about the brightness of the various RGB or other multi-color LED's. After using the search feature, and reading various posts for a few days, i have figured out what the questions i can't find answers for are....

1. what is the brightest RGB, from my reserch, it appears that the Tri Rebel is the most widely used.

2. is it possible to have all three LEDs on the RGB on seperate dimmer swiches?

3. other than that, i am trying to find out how what else i need to know about RGB's before making the attempt...

Quote Originally Posted by Maven View Post
    First Post:

Hello!

Looking to start building my first lightsaber, and i was curious about the brightness of the various RGB or other multi-color LED's. After using the search feature, and reading various posts for a few days, i have figured out what the questions i can't find answers for are....

1. what is the brightest RGB, from my reserch, it appears that the Tri Rebel is the most widely used.

2. is it possible to have all three LEDs on the RGB on seperate dimmer swiches?

3. other than that, i am trying to find out how what else i need to know about RGB's before making the attempt...
    By remarkable coincidence, I've spent the last three hours or so experimenting with my LedEngin RGBA LED on a breadboard with potentiometers. I have never used a TriRebel, for the simple reason that each color has its own dome, and unless you're X-Wing, there seems to be no decent way of focusing the light from three separate domes. With the LedEngin, all four LEDs (Red-Green-Green-Blue or Red-Green-Blue-Amber) are under a single dome that is about the same size as a standard Luxeon III dome. As for "brightness," all I know is the LedEngins are plenty bright for me (and they are 10 watts, though I'm still not certain what that means when you've essentially got four discrete LEDs ).

As for lumens, when running at 1000 mA, the LedEngin LEDs are:
    Red 115
    Green 140 (280 if you run both greens on the RGGB simultaneously)
    Blue 40
    Amber 105
    There's always a bigger fish.