Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: LED Brightness Chart

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by vargose View Post
    I stand corrected.

Speaking of LEDEngin. Are the LEDEngin 5Ws as bright as they claim? Has anyone used them?

I have some, I was going to put together a saber for the Megacon this weekend with the 5w green. Ill post pics and let you know what I think compared to the seoul P4. Xolilox on here, XsaberX, on Fx-Sabers uses them a lot and he seems to have had great success with them.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

I have been hearing good things about the Blue LedEngin 5W. I would be interested to see how it stacks up to the Seoul P4, Cree XR-E or the lux V Blue.

Yeah, Let me know the Green LedEngin 5W works out. I would also like to see how the green stacks up againts the Seoul P4, Cree XR-E or the lux V Green.

Yup... there are advantages and disadvantages to almost every choice you make when building a saber.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Actually i do have the equipment to make them, however i wouldnt even consider doing that to xwing its his gig.

and even if it was ok with him its really hard dont think i could even come close to doin it like his does

Are the brightest LEDs listed, like the Luxeon Rebel, going to be available in the store in the near future? Or is there a reason they are not offered?
    Last edited by Obi-Ben; 03-12-2009 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Ben View Post
    Are the brightest LEDs listed, like the Luxeon Rebel, going to be available in the store in the near future? Or is there are reason they are not offered?
    I believe the problem with the Luxeon Rebels is optics. As you can see here, they don't sit on the PCB in the standard way, and therefore don't work with the standard collimators. And the Triple Luxeon Rebels are specially modified by X-Wing Band. But I would love to see LedEngin stars avaible from TCSS.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Question

Yeah, I was wondering that too. What is the accepted solution for optics with a Tri-Rebel?

I'll let xwing decide if he wants to post it. He probably hasn't out of respect for Tim and the shop.
    Last edited by vargose; 03-16-2009 at 07:06 AM.

Well, can we post the answer here for the sake of completeness? This is supposed to be a reference thread afterall.
    Last edited by DizzyKungFu; 03-13-2009 at 09:08 AM.

***Deleted. This isn't the place for this. Apologies to X-Wing and Tim!***
    Last edited by Matt Thorn; 03-16-2009 at 07:21 AM.
    There's always a bigger fish.