Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My experiment with a jo jedi (616) board

Bad J-lo you MADE me Lern somthing... now I gotta go kill new brain cells...
    ----------------------^ I meant to do that
    Vi veri veniversum vivus vici

Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of in·san·i·ty!
    Witty Quote

Spoon fEeD A nOOb

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

deleterious - harmful often in a subtle or an unexpected way

dictionary.com is your friend.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

As I stated over at JSSDC I will be throwing a VOM on this tonight. I did some readings yesterday but had low bat in my VOM and was getting wierd readings. I did not see an increase in the mA but a slight increase in the voltage, but the low bat was blinking at me.

I have a new battery and will take many readings to night.

Quote Originally Posted by grayven View Post
    As I stated over at JSSDC I will be throwing a VOM on this tonight. I did some readings yesterday but had low bat in my VOM and was getting wierd readings. I did not see an increase in the mA but a slight increase in the voltage, but the low bat was blinking at me.

I have a new battery and will take many readings to night.
    Cool at least it appeers theres an increase hopefully this works out. my board still works perfect without any noticable problems anyway.

Fingers crossed that its done what we wanted.

heres a thought i have. use a darlington driver to up the ma output of the board, i know they can take a 250ma to 500ma. so i would imagine that a 350ma would be brought up to at least 600ma then (close to 700ma which is good for a lux III)

if i had a 616 board id try it but sadley i dont
    a wise man once said "dont try to be a great man....just be a man"

Ok here is the deal. That resister is only for the Red output. It does make a difference but only for the red out put. If you by pass the resister it puts out the same as the Blue or the Green. This makes sense because of what we know about Red LED's. Now that being said I did some other testing. There is (I think) a regulator right after the + batterypack connection to the board. If I go straight form the Red wire (+ power input from pack to board) to the + of the LED and hook up the - of the LED to the Brown wire on the LED/Clash sensor connector I get like 500mA instead of the 300mA. So I haven't tried to bridge that yet but it might help.

This is why we have to diffrent results from the test. One was using the sith sound the other the jedi. Again you can even ohm it out , the resister is only for the red LED.

500mA is still somewhat less than ideal =/

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

At least it works if your building a sith saber. but there still has to be a simple way of making this give out more just have to keep experimenting "reaches or his soldering iron"

Well i killed my board the original experiment worked half way at least if you want a sith saber using the 616 then bridging that resistor works. Bridgeing any other resistor on the board not good i got a funny sound then nothing.