Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahsoka Lightsaber Prop Replica

I love it too, and thought it was a very interesting design when first seeing the Clone Wars Movie...she also uses it upside down (like Starkiller), so I'm very anxious to see that if and when an FX version comes out, which switch will turn it on? The button or the box? Maybe both??

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollector View Post
    Structurally it looks very weak. I don't know how well it would do in a real battle. You would have to put a piece of pvc or something with a really small diameter inside the Graflex/Sinktube.
    ?

Maybe it's not obvious with those pics, but there's another black cylinder underneath the silver sheath, like Qui-Gon's hilt.

My only real gripe with the hilt is actually with the fact that--being based on an animated series--it's a relatively simple design with no minuscule detail, yet they're selling the replica for $350. That's just ridiculous, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Nightwing; 02-04-2009 at 10:02 AM.
    TCSS Red Squadron - The most kickawesome fighting force in the Galaxy.

Which Blue Luxeon is movie-accurate? Find out here.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Siggious View Post
    I love it too, and thought it was a very interesting design when first seeing the Clone Wars Movie...she also uses it upside down (like Starkiller), so I'm very anxious to see that if and when an FX version comes out, which switch will turn it on?
    It's called a "reverse grip".

I can't stand those 2 "tabs" or whatever they are near the emitter. Other than that, it's ok. But yeah, way over priced IMO.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post
    Maybe it's not obvious with those pics, but there's another black cylinder underneath the silver sheath, like Qui-Gon's hilt.
    Nope, I didn't see that in the pics. It would be a challenge to try to replicate it...... But I love challenges
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Default tabs

how would the hilt look if you mounted some claws on those large protruding tabs?

Quote Originally Posted by swear000 View Post
    how would the hilt look if you mounted some claws on those large protruding tabs?
    Answer: confused

IMO it's not a bad design, as others have stated the tabs are a little off but other than that it's better than plenty I've seen built by fans (some of the stuff people have commissioned from randomsabers comes to mind) and if you look at the tech specs of ani's it has the activation box and two button switches near the emitter.

Duel phase saber.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

I love this design. I'd really like to get one!
    Meanwhile... in another part of the galaxy, later that same day...

http://voya.deviantart.com/gallery/

I used to really hate this saber design, but now I'm somewhat ok with it. The way I feel about this saber is the same way I feel about the "clan" lightsabers that the generic Jedi and some of the Council used. It feels a little boring.

Now, if Ahsoka's design was weathered and a little beaten...it could look pretty cool.

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

Default Pli

The tabs would have to stay maybe powdercoated a different color like black or brass. I would still think about mounting electronics on them somehow. The two side slits running along the side would make great places to mount a PLI or VU style bargraph.