Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Graflex(graflite)

Default Graflex(graflite)

I've got two of these
    One is graflex the other is graflite. They look identical, i don't have the clamps in the picture though.

I'm not sure what i should do with them, anyone who has used these in a custom and has any advice I would really appreciate it. I know this was what they used for the Christmas special, but i don't think thats a route I want to go.

They're really nice and they are easy to hold, it'd be a shame to not do something with them.

I'm going to go play with some ideas, I'll post anything interesting...I wonder if the 616 parts will work with this...

A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." - Edward Abbey (1927-1989)
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Default great

great find man. I have been looking everywhere for those types of handles. I think those are the kind you would stick a Vader shroud and ANH grips. Try and measure the inner diameter to see how much room you got inside. You could mod it to have a crystal chamber possibly as well. Sink tube may fit over the outside so you can do an overlay. Lots of possibilities...

I agree that it would be a bad idea to try and copy the Holliday Special saber, but with a little planing and imagination you should be able to come up with something better.
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger

I say save them, and when we all start building 1:1 scale Xwing fighter replicas, use them in the cockpit to make it canonically accurate.

**ediit**

Mods I apologize for having to make a workaround for the word ****pit... yeah it filters it out...
    Last edited by Darth Morbius; 02-03-2009 at 12:46 PM.

I pulled out a 1.5" sink tube to see it it would fit over it for shrouding, no dice. the two are just about the same size. I am intersted in the vader shrouds though. Is there somewhere to grab them, I know there used to be a guy somewhere who molded them and sold them, I don't think tim carries them, I know he has the replica flash units, but that would defeat the purpose of moding the flash i have.

I'm gonna snoop around, see what i can find.

Also:
    The 616 will not fit inside this, but if you took the innards out it will fit nicely and you'd be able to use the battery pack.

EDIT:
    I can't find shrouds anywhere, if anyone knows where they are available PM me please.
    Last edited by tullfan81; 02-03-2009 at 01:17 PM.

A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." - Edward Abbey (1927-1989)
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Default PM

I sent you a PM. I think there is also a vader style clamp that would work. I know you could add a covertec belt clip to help it be more saber-ish. A basic hasbro board may fit as they tend to be smaller. They are cheap too so they may be a better choice. You wouldn't want to short out an expensive board in a small diameter metal hilt. Mounting a luxeon LED inside may be tricky and require some custom modification. Might want to find out if Tim could suggest something.

Clamps: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Re...lamp-P328.aspx

I won't outside link but google "Blast-Tech" for shrouds.

Tim used to carry them in the store, but I haven't seen them in a long time.

Youcan find the Graflite flashguns like this on flea bay quite often -- and at a fraction of what a Heiland/MPP (aka Vader) or Graflex (aka ANH Anakin/Luke) 3-cell flashgun might cost.

Check this *** out, Best example of a graflite I have ever seen.

This is a good example
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...light=graflite
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

oh snap, that's a good looking saber. wonder who made it?
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)