Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Blue LED question

No the Max Current you want to run a P4 at is 1300mA

And I did see your list... One thing. Lux V LED's CAN be Overdriven to 1000mA.

oh ok thanks, ill change it

so does that mean the luxeon V over driven would be brighter than the seoul p4 over driven?
    Last edited by LeMoel; 02-05-2009 at 02:11 AM.

I get why Dingus is concerned, being blue the weakest color one has to make sure to get the brightest configuration possible.

There is a Rebel Blue tri-emitter that uses 9.45 V and 700mA.

Three trustfires and a 700mA buckpuck can handle that, and you might end up having the brightest blue ever BUT: Can a sound board be hooked up with this configuration?
    Last edited by Frank G; 02-18-2009 at 08:23 PM.

You can hook up a MR soundboard when using Tri-rebels by using a 5V regulator on the input to the soundboard...this is necessary because the maximum voltage a MR card can take is 6V so with a 10-12V battery solution you need the regulator to avoid 'magic smoke' [overloading and killing the soundboard].

This can be done with Tri-rebels and a corbin board + MR sound using the regulator wiring diagram and I think it could be adapted for a buck puck approach as well though I've never used them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Morbius View Post
    And I did see your list... One thing. Lux V LED's CAN be Overdriven to 1000mA.
    Luxeon V's can be overdriven to even 1200mA as well. Probably more if under some kind of PWM or actual "driving".

I personally doubt that the Lux V--especially over-driven--could be "beaten" by the P4 (if that's even the right word)... but this isn't to say that there are not trade-offs with each setup.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Don't forget about the up and coming Blue Cree XR-E. A very strong contender.

41 lumens at 700ma. Only needs about 3.3V

You can overdrive too. So it will be even brighter.

It only costs about 8 dollars, well below the 20 some of the lux V.
    Last edited by vargose; 02-19-2009 at 08:21 AM.

i would get either a triple rebel from xwing (144 lumens) or a double rebel (96 lumens) or a single(48 lumens)@ 700 ma, that can be ran on 1000 ma to get even more.

Quote Originally Posted by LeMoel View Post
    i would get either a triple rebel from xwing (144 lumens) or a double rebel (96 lumens) or a single(48 lumens)@ 700 ma, that can be ran on 1000 ma to get even more.
    That is a question I threw to X-wing, How to know which rebel are they installing on thouse tri-emitters? Am talking about the ones in stock, of course you can buy 3 strong rebels and have them installed to a tri-star PCB but besides that option.

As i stated before, in the case the least bright of blue rebel are installed (19 Lumens) you have a tri-emitter of 57 Lumens... overdriveble i guess.

The remaining question is: Could you get blind by using a tri-emitter with three 145-Lumen-greens?

xwing uses the highest blue, 48 lumen, he stated it i do believe on judge saber smith forum.

and once in a blade the whole blind thing shouldnt be a problem

if you want the brightest blue thats the way to go

Question

Obviously there are many blues... technically, cyan can also be considered a type of blue.

Question though - Lux V Royal Blue vs. P4 blue (or rebel blue for that matter) - I really love the royal blue color tone, but does the P4 or rebel match that? Or is it a lighter color tone? Any thoughts? I've seen the pics, but I'm talking about real world in front of your eyes comparisons...
    LOCKHEED