Thread: The Old Republic online new gen game (random topic)

Default The Old Republic online new gen game (random topic)

Kind of random topic, but who here is looking forward to the MMORPG The old Republic? I personally wish it were a single player KOTOR experience, but it does look promising none the less.

On a side note, why is it that the sith usually wield a red saber? is Red the representation of Passion in the SW universe?

How can we be expected to think outside the box when we work in one?

True Sith (The ancients) did not carry lightsabers at all. They carry Vibroswords that typically are laced with a cortosis weave.

The crystals in sith sabers are normally synthetic, so they can be imbued with certain properties.

The Idea of Sith Carrying Lightsabers stems from the MOCKERY of the Jedi Order.

Red is the color of Passion, strength, and in Victory, the blood of your enemies.

The SITH, are an ancient RACE, not a sect. The term Sith became a common descriptor of those that practice the cultural ceremony, and lifestyle of the originating race.

Cool DM, Thanks for the info. Out of curiosity has there been anything in the SW universe that shows what the sith race looked like? (I remember something about Naga Shadow being a mix or something; though I can't recall).

Full of Win & Awesome. Current ranking, 10 internetz.
    Sponsoring internetz increases levels of Win & Awesome.
    Barmic youve got me started on something now

hmm, says they were mostly left handed,intiresting fact.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

there's some debate about the sith's views regarding lightsabers, it's true that some said they used them in mockery of the jedi, but the first sith lords were fallen jedi who interbred with the original sith species, and probably had knowledge of lightsabers before they began calling themselves sith.

I'd think that such a useful tool as a lightsaber wouldn't fall into disuse very easily, it's more concealable and can be put to more use against armored targets than a vibrosword. In some accounts it states that sith sometimes used vibroswords because they enjoyed the visceral feel of cutting into their enemies.

Likely the sith would say they used sabers in mockery as a goad in and of itself, given their tradition of taunting adversaries to make them slip up.

Just how strong are vibroblades? Are they comparable to a lightsaber?

well that all depends what they are made of, a vibroblade made of cortosis or phrik should hold up just as well as a saber but not a vibro made of say.. steel

No, I don't think that vibroblades are anywhere near the power of a lightsaber, but the Sith funneled dark side energy to the blade's edge, so they worked out to be equivalent when used by a Sith.
    I'm not sure if they can use vibroswords for stuff like cutting through walls, however.
    TCSS Red Squadron - The most kickawesome fighting force in the Galaxy.

Which Blue Luxeon is movie-accurate? Find out here.

There would be a big difference between a 'standard' Vibroblade/vibrosword which would be an ordinary metal alloy and a Sith version which IIRC was forged using Sith Alchemy of some sort and had energy along the blade.
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger