View Poll Results: Are Amber LED's more orange or yellow?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • More orange

8 80.00%
  • More yellow

2 20.00%

Thread: Windowed Bladeholders

Default Windowed Bladeholders

I'm thinking of trying to make a "hiking light" out of MHS, consisting of MPS, a short double female, a bladeholder, and a 3-4" blade.
    I'm curious which blade holder lets more light out through the windows, Bladeholder 10, 4, 11, or 9.
    And by more light, I mean which would have a more even spread of ambient light, even though it has the potential to be drowned out by the actual blade.

Poll added just to get another question answered without posting a new thread.
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Okay, I'm glad you mentioned the two different subjects issue. I was like

It's not the blade holder so much as it's the angle of the optic: regardless of how open the blade holder it, you're still projecting 5 or 10 degrees. You can, of course, get a wider angle lens/collimator... or you can just take the blade holder and optics off entirely.

As for yellow/amber - it depends on the bin. The higher the bin# the darker the tint. bin1 = dark yellow, amberish, bin4 = orange

Well, I'll probably use a 10 degree collimator, but I'm curious about the amount of light that filters out from the blade itself. Like, a white P4 makes the 3" blade light up like Time Square, but which of the bladeholders lets more of that light out? After all, 2" of that 3" blade are going to be concealed by aluminum.
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin