Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any way to Solve Sploches in Completed Blade?

Default Any way to Solve Sploches in Completed Blade?

I bought Tim's completed blade. Now, it looked great when I first ignited it. Now, I had to shorten it a couple inches. I removed the inner tube from the poly carbonate tube. When I reinserted everything and reinserted the blade, it's splochy, particularly at the end. Is there any way to fix this problem? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Randy

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

It probably has dust or shavings inside of it from when you cut it.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

That's what I thought. So I used a vacuum to suck out the shavings. Then I used some water to flush any remaining out. I hope that helps. Any other suggestions? It's not really spots, just the top 3 to 4 inches is quite a bit dimmer than the rest of it. If I can't get it to look right again, then I'll just end up getting another one.

Randy

The water seems to have done the trick. Now I just gotta wait for it to dry. []

Randy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Powered Convoy

The water seems to have done the trick. Now I just gotta wait for it to dry. []<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yeah... That will take about 3 days!

Unless you have an air compressor and an air gun.

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ
    Official Designated TCSS Jester!

If I find that I have to cut a finished blade I stuff a lint free cloth inside the blade just past the cut mark. Then after cutting the blade I use a pair of needle nose pliers to pull the cloth out and it wipes any dust or shavings away.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

Air compressor will make it worse. It's not pure air. It has very small droplets of oil and water. Don't use air from an air compressor. Maybe a keyboard duster. That's clean air.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    HK-47: Extrapolation: 98% probability the miniature organic's [Jawa] tribe has been captured by the sand people and he wants us to mount a rescue. Revan: What about the other 2%? HK-47: Explanation: 2% probability that the miniature organic meatbag is just looking for trouble and wants us to blast him, although this may just be wishful thinking on my part, master. -Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

I used a thin window rod wrapped in a cloth and shoved it through the whole blade to clean mine when I cut it.

I tried harsh language.

Didn't work too good.

<center>
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/Dahak/</center>

What about pouring a little rubbing alcohol down there to clean it out and get rid of the water.

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi