Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Couple new saber hilts

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    You're saberforge?
    Funny enough, that was my same reaction XD

These are hot designs!
    The day may come when the courage of men fails...
    ...But it is not this day! This day – We FIGHT!

I love all three...especially the third, the second and the first

I am so jealous that you get to make those. I work in a building with 2 Bridgeport mills and a Lathe with 4 feet of travel, and I get to just make fenders and hoods out of carbon fiber, which is cool, but those beautiful machines just sit there,calling to me ,then laughing at me because I don't have the know how or the time to use them.

I likey the first one, what did you use for the main hilt window, abigger piece of poly c?
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Titoshi,

I would kill to have two Bridgeports right beside me every day. You really need to have someone teach you to use those, you don't know how lucky you are!

I've owned a Taig, Sherline, Atlas, Grizzly... 'still saving for a Bridgeport though.

It's the tooling that really hits the wallet, though, as I'm sure SaberForge can attest. I wonder what his shop looks like, considering the great looking sabers he's churning out here...

I wish I had room for some real machine tools, goddamned bay area housing market, I would live in the one place in the ****ing country where the houses are still overpriced...

Yeah, I am totally trying to learn how to use them (the Bridgeports) I have learned a couple of things and soon will be attempting to make some claws for my saber. Unfortunately, I am one of the last people to start work and and one of the last to leave and the only guys really proficient in machining usually leave about a hour before I do. As soon as it gets warm I plan on going in on saturdays to try to learn some more. Any tips or resources I can check out or that anyone can recommend will be greatly appreciated.

I so want the 3rd one pure ***y

they all are great hilts though
    Last edited by duncan29793; 01-31-2009 at 04:15 PM.

Those are all really, really sweet!
    I especially like the first hilt, I think it would look great with that blue P4 in it!
    But it's still a fantastic color!
    Great work!

(The Green P4 looks kind of cyan-y. Is that just from the camera or is it the bin of the LED?)
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thumbs up

I have a green P4 in my Yoda sink tube saber (the thread around here is somewhere with pics) - I think it's the camera, cause in person, my green P4 definitely looks green with just a tinge of cyan. But green is the predominant color.

airsoftmode - how do you do the windowed portion? Is it just a cutout in the bladeholder itself? Wouldn't that mean that your LED is mounted WAAAY back into the handle? Or is it a cutout at the level of the optics? Not trying to pry smithing secrets (well... ok, I am... )

I'm thinking of doing something *sort* of similar with a rainbow tube sith saber... will have to see how it turns out. If I can get everything sorted out, it'll be one kick-@$$ saber (but still probably not quite as refined as yours).
    LOCKHEED