Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: tip

Default tip

bah this is freaking pissing me off ok my acrillic tip is faling off ok so far i have super glued , epoxied, and silicon cemented the tip[ on and in doing so i have damaged the tube the gluehas ran down it in the inside please guyswht glue do you use i will be real fighting with these yes i have brusies and whelps to show for it

<center>
    "Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

Probably a stupid suggestion, but have you sanded the tip and tube in the areas you intend to glue? If you don't sand it the glue has little or nothing to hold on to. It makes a difference.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Or find a glue that chemically bonds the 2 pieces together.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Master Strydur was adhesive do you use

<center>
    "Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I use a product called weld-on 3.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

ok i used the adhesive called Devcon Plastic Welder i got from my local Wal-mart for 2.27 and glad it worked had plenty of time to work with it and dries in less then 15 mins for a solid glue

<center>

What I use came from a dollar store and it bonds/dries in about 30 seconds. It has the consistency and smell of CrazyGlue. None has come off yet, even in furious battle.

Born of Sith, seduced by the light side.

Well I have had the Tip's fall off both my 3/4" and 1" more than once now I have been using the Devcon Plastic Weld but it still happens sooner or later and it doesn't dry clear. I bought this Weld-on(see Pic) yesterday is this the right one? If not, Master Tim could you help me? I remember you mentioning that it was considered Hazardous and could not be shipped across state lines.[]

May the Force
    Be with You

Marc E.

im not sure but that looks like the wrong one gforce. i got a can via tap plastics. and i think it says polycarbonates and acryllics on the label. i dont think it said pvc. you have to make sure it says weld-on 3 on the can.. mine does.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

That cement is for pvc piping and will not work well on poly-c or acrylic either one. Try an on-line plastics company to get the glue that you need.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...