Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok..who wants some powder coating done??

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Default Ok..who wants some powder coating done??

I am still learning but its going well so far. I am not going to add the service to the store until after the new year. If you want to get in on it early send me a E-mail. So for right now you can order the following colors, some of which I have not tested yet. The ones I have tested have pictures posted in this thread. Dont forget to specify which pieces you want done and what color. Your order may be delayed awhile before I can get to it so dont order powder coating if you are in a hurry to get your parts.

US Blue
    Red
    Copper Jacket (may oxidize without clear)
    Bright White
    Solar Flat Black
    Sun Gold (may oxidize without clear)
    Super High Gloss Clear
    Super Wet Black
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

sounds good tim, but where are the pics at? would love to get an idea as to how good they are coming out.

I wont lie that looks amazing from the pics so far, but if possible all the colors should be shown. You have definitely got my attention on this though.

i apologize.. i didnt realize that you would be putting the colors in their own threads... but the red and white, definitely got my attention. i just finished painting a piece gloss white to the best i can get it, WITH clear coat too.. and it dont look half as good as your powdercoating. awesome!!

Tim,

Any data on how much thickness the powdercoating is adding to the diameter of the MHS parts? Is it going to impede the install of sinktube shrouds and such?

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Powder coating adds enough that sink tubes would not fit. This could be made to work by machinging the part first and using a lighter coat maybe. The problem is if you dont put a thick coat then the part will have more of an orange peel look than smooth.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Super High Gloss Clear <------ PICS PLS!!! O_O

Man when I saw that gloss white I imediately thought Kamino saber. We need some gloss black to. Very cool Tim.
    "aaah... general kenobi.... you are a bold one."-general grievous

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Qymaen_jai_sheelal

Proud owner of the first two Darth Maul conversion kits! Thanks Tim!

Maybe instead of sink tubing one could use thin pvc pipe for shrouds and decoration after the powder coating? that at least what i plan to do.

So that means an MPP or Graflex clamp won't fit?

Unless of coarse i keep a 2 inch section un-powered coated?