Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible?

It isn't just the hilt you have to waterproof, it's the blade. The mono jack has AC current running to it and any water on that thing will blow the inverter. You would have to make a completely self contained saber without a removable blade, which is doable, but the blade and hilt would be very boyant with all that air trapped in them.

http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

So what about LED? Why is it any less possible?

Water and electronics just don't mix it possible to make a completely sealed saber with a fixed blade that is water tight but:

Problem 1 making thing water tight that were not designed to be water tight is a real pain in the rear area

Problem 2 if you do manage to get it water tight forget dueling with it because if the seal splits or cracks from the force of impact then it will no longer be water tight.

Do-Clo

Don't make me destroy you...

I was thinking of LED in my post...and if you get the "emitter" waterproof it shouldn't be to hard... and with LED there is no electronics in the blade...So I think that would work...

okey...maybe not dueling... If something happens... But why not night-snorkeling???

I'm a fouteen year old swedish teenager...so be patient...

A water tight saber would not be hard...

I'm thinking MHS with "O"-Rings between all sections.
    The blade, or the emmiter, could be fasioned to also hold an "O"-Ring.

Keep it greases with vasalene and you should be golden there...

The only problem would be the Switch... You'd have to find a water tight switch.

You may be able to use the switch covers that Tim sells, but I don't know how well you could seal them, because I've never used one.

Water tight saber- Possible...
    Weak point, the switch.

Edit:
    Oh yeah, and forget about sound!
    Also, the base of the treads on the hilt parts could be designed with a slight bevel to better hold an "O"-Ring.

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ
    Official Designated TCSS Jester!

Hmmm...the switch is a bit of a problem...it wouln't be nice if it just fell of in an underwater-duel ... The cover Tim sells, (and Idon't know how the looks like, or could b used) but couln't you just glue it on the inside and maybe fix it in place with some silicone? or just take a more flat switch and put (a lot of) tape over it??

EDIT: I think there is some kinda waterproof headphones...for the sound [)]

I'm a fouteen year old swedish teenager...so be patient...

Vasoline is corrosive to rubber... Use Dow-33 instead...

You know Obi-Wan was running like a little girl when he and Qui Gonn Jinn landed on Naboo because he got his lightsaber wet and it wouldn't work so Qui-Gon had to give him a smack down after he took out the droids that were chasing him.

Read the book it's in there.

Point is electronics and water don't mix, it would seem to me to be a real pain in the arse to try and build something that wouldn't be true to the nature of the weapon to begin with.

With that said, I made a few PVC flashlights for the kids a few years ago so what you proposing could be done but it won't be cheap.

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Yeah...? Well, Kit Fisto uses his UNDER WATER... lol... [][][]

you might do one up with out a sound board, since underwater ya wont hear it anyways. and like mentioned before, use o rings or silicone sealer on everything to seal it up.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...