Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jay-gon Jinn's Chrome Saber 9 (MR sound w/ III green)

I like this combination of parts, it's almost like they were designed for each other!

Final pics:

How does it sound? Just like an MR:

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Give me Give me, that looks sweet Jay gon, another to ad to your big collection lol.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Pretty sick! It looks REALLY good Jay-Gon! Not a fan of the switch though. Those simple sink tube accents really do a lot for the saber.

Proud owner of the last two style 6 MHS blade holders!
    <('-'<)(>'-')><('-'<)<('-'<)(>'-')>(>'-')><('-'<)(>'-')>

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by 37H4N View Post
    Pretty sick! It looks REALLY good Jay-Gon! Not a fan of the switch though. Those simple sink tube accents really do a lot for the saber.

That switch might not be the prettiest thing in the world, but it works like a "bastid" (a little Rhode Island there for ya). VERY secure, and durable.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Absolutely awesome. It feels a bit Kyle-Katarn-ish. I think this is my favorite combination of MHS pieces I've seen yet...it really does feel like the pieces were MEANT to be mated this way...I love it! Of course, your sinktube accents really help out the hilt..it wouldn't be quite the same without the accents where you placed them.

I think two words perfectly sum up this hilt for me: "DO WANT!"

PS: four more words: "FAVORITE MHS HILT EVARRRR!!!!!!!!"

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    That switch might not be the prettiest thing in the world, but it works like a "bastid" (a little Rhode Island there for ya). VERY secure, and durable.
    Why does no one else like that switch? I think it gives it that old-tech look....like it was from a 1000 years ago, or something...and yes, it works great, and is metal to boot....it also has a soft-touch to it....you'd really have to feel it youraelf though to get what I'm talking about.

Normally, I'd have it set lower in the hilt, too, but this style of saber has the soundboard directly underneath it, so it had to be up as far as it could go.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 01-26-2009 at 08:22 AM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Why does no one else like that switch? I think it gives it that old-tech look....like it was from a 1000 years ago, or something...and yes, it works great, and is metal to boot....it also has a soft-touch to it....you'd really have to feel it youraelf though to get what I'm talking about.

Normally, I'd have it set lower in the hilt, too, but this style of saber has the soundboard directly underneath it, so it had to be up as far as it could go.
    I think that it seems to tall. looks like it stands up a half inch. Some sabers, it looks great, others, just doesnt' seem to fit. this one, it's a fifty fifty

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post

I think you misunderstood me, I love this switch and also think it gives it an old tech look. I do set mine lower when I use them though. Its not "pretty" is all Im saying. Kinda like a truck, they're cool, rugged and can be "nice" looking, but rarely have I seen a "pretty" truck.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

I really like the saber so the switch isn't too much of an issue to me, but if I had to point out the one criticism I have of the saber, it would be that the stalk is a bit tall. I do like the way the switch looks in general...but I think it would look even nicer with a shorter stalk...which I also understand is something that you don't really have control over.

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!