Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Jay-gon Jinn's Chrome Saber 9 (MR sound w/ III green)

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    I think you misunderstood me, I love this switch and also think it gives it an old tech look. I do set mine lower when I use them though. Its not "pretty" is all Im saying. Kinda like a truck, they're cool, rugged and can be "nice" looking, but rarely have I seen a "pretty" truck.
    No mis-understanding, I know what you meant...it's a tough switch, and it also doesn't cause that annoying power cycle in an MR if you bump it while the saber is on. I also said that the design of this saber doesn't allow me to set it any deeper in the hilt because the soundboard is directly beneath it. In most of my other sabers that I have used it in, I set it as low as possible, like this:

Here's the two next to each other:

I use a similar button on BS-1, but because that saber is designed differently, I didn't have to have the soundboard under the button....I could set the switch almost 1/4" lower in the hilt than on CS-9. It's just how it worked out...BS-8 was the same way....the choke limits you to putting the soundboard inside the main hilt section, and with the battery pack in there too, there was no other location for the soundboard, except underneath the switch.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 01-26-2009 at 01:48 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Dang it all Jay-gon... you always make such nice and clean-looking sabers!
    LOCKHEED