Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what size set screw to use?

Default what size set screw to use?

I am making the blade that I bought from Tim a little shorter 40" was a little long. Any way I have to re-drill the whole for the set screw, I looked on the store to see what size set screw he uses so I can pick up the appropriate tap but it does not say. What size tap should I pick up?

there is no hole on the blade, the blade will just be a solid tube, you put a set screw or thumb screw in the blade holder.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

there is a hole in the blade it goes through the poly carb into the casing of the mono jack to hold the EL wire in base.

sorry, sorry, i was think LED blade, not el. you can use any size set screw if you are making the hole yourself. and you don't need a tap for it, you can just drill a hole a bit smaller than the screw and then put the screw into it.

and the threads on it just kind of drill into the plastic it's self?

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

The set screw is a 10-32

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

i would go ahead and use the tap to make the threads in the polyc tube. tim gave you the size of the screw, so just get a tap that size, and drill hole a lil bit smaller than tap size and thread the tap in. it will cut the threads in for you.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

the tap isn't required though, the screw will cut the threads into the polyC.

he can do it either way i suppose, i just threw my opinion out there to consider.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...