Thread: is there a way to repair threads on the MHS??

Default is there a way to repair threads on the MHS??

I have a middle section to the MHS and the threads are thrashed, is there a way to sand them down or anything like that so I can get my blade holder attached?

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus1977 View Post
    I have a middle section to the MHS and the threads are thrashed, is there a way to sand them down or anything like that so I can get my blade holder attached?
    How are they thrashed? Just heavily roughed or actually completely deformed? If they're only scraped up really bad, sanding/buffing could help, but it'll never be as tight a fit again. And, out of curiosity, what happened?
    The day may come when the courage of men fails...
    ...But it is not this day! This day – We FIGHT!

I think the best you can do if the threads are truly 'trashed' is to sand/grind/dremel/whatever the male threads off of your bladeholder and then slip it inside the messed up section. You will then have to drill and tap some screw holes into the (now) untreaded part of the blade holder to put some screws in. The only downside is that it will now become a weak link when dueling with it.

The correct way would be to buy a new middle section and get the good threads back.

If you have a thread die in the same size as the current threads, you can probably use that to repair them, if not...*shrugs*

Red 6 Standing By

Quote Originally Posted by Anavrin View Post
    How are they thrashed? Just heavily roughed or actually completely deformed? If they're only scraped up really bad, sanding/buffing could help, but it'll never be as tight a fit again. And, out of curiosity, what happened?
    I dont know its an older middle sectiong. I see some barbs sticking out so I am sanding it down. If I cant get it fixed I will just order a new section.

thanks for the help I guess it was not as bad as I thought. I cleaned up some spurs stiking out and voila perfect fit