Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: wondercon... anyone going?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_DevilGuy View Post
    there's Saturday and Sunday too man, I know how it is with classes but were I you I'd bust ass to get whatever homework they're assigning done ahead. There's going to be a bunch of amazing panels on Sat, including one on the astromech droid hobby.

Incidentally I'm building a saber just for the event.
    Ugh. I placed second in one category today. That means I have to attend an awards concert Sunday. If I place in the category I'm competing in Friday, then that means I have to attend ANOTHER awards concert Saturday (it's like a curse and a blessing...I WANT to win...but I don't want to have to sit through two awards concerts....)

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

Quote Originally Posted by gundamaniac View Post
    Ugh. I placed second in one category today. That means I have to attend an awards concert Sunday. If I place in the category I'm competing in Friday, then that means I have to attend ANOTHER awards concert Saturday (it's like a curse and a blessing...I WANT to win...but I don't want to have to sit through two awards concerts....)
    ah, that kinda sucks, are you performing or is it for accepting?

Accepting for the one on Sunday. Hopefully performing for the one on Saturday (only first place winners perform).

It's a little irritating to know that I'll be missing out on a chance to meet up with some TCSS members with a con near me. Ugh.

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

I'm having to rush today to finish/start on my costume. Since I have no pics and no time for pics, I'll just describe as best I can what it looks like.

Some dark colored under shirt (t-shirt most likely)
    Black karate gi
    black pants
    black Demonia boots (got 'em at a thrift store today for $10!!!)
    sleeveless trench coat

As for saber, I'll be wearing my royal blue converted ep. V vader.

There is one problem with the boots however, the zipper on one of them is off and I'm having trouble putting it back on. I was able to pry open the slider thing and attach it to the other teeth and closed it a little but all it did was slide up and down without closing and interlocking the teeth.

My mom is helping me find solutions but any advice you guys could give would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Fixed it! I just needed to close it tighter. lol
    Last edited by 37H4N; 02-26-2009 at 05:23 PM.

Proud owner of the last two style 6 MHS blade holders!
    <('-'<)(>'-')><('-'<)<('-'<)(>'-')>(>'-')><('-'<)(>'-')>

I'll be in street cloths with a lightsaber hanging from my belt

I'll be in costume on saturday but I might wear my saber friday and sunday (street clothes too.)

If any of you are going to be there on Sat. we should all try and figure out a place to meet up. (I will be in costume...it's an all black Jedi costume with shoulder armor...and I'm a bald dude). Maybe if there is a Jabba with some slave leias I'll see you there, haha

Just a quick post before I leave.

Well the zipper on my boot crapped out on me again so I'll be wear simple work boots like I did at C4.

Should have left like two hours ago but my dad is still getting some things together, (he's hoping to get some insight and advice, ect. on his children's book) We'll leave hopefully within the next hour or so. It's about a 2 to 3 hour drive from here so I should be there around 1:00 or so.

Today I'm wearing simple jeans, black converse shoes and a black Brawndo shirt. Just incase anybody wants to say hey.