Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: UltraSound 2.1 Upgrade - Updated 4/28

Default UltraSound 2.1 Upgrade - Updated 4/28

From Alex @ Ultrasabers.

We are starting on a second run of the USB2 series sound boards, and as always, we try to upgrade functions and features every run. For this next run we are going to be making the following upgrades/additions:

Pulse mode/Lockup will be much brighter than before, putting it on par with other high end boards
    Switch bounce circuitry, allowing use of a wider variety of momentary switches other than tactiles
    New boot sequence (so you don't have to break connection with the batteries)
    Overall optimization of the code for better reliability

Owners of current 2.0 boards, do not fret!

We always stand behind our products and try to do right by you, so, we will be happy to upgrade your current 2.0 boards to the new 2.1 if you so desire.

Now I can't do it for free, but I can do it for cheap. The fee is just $6 per board +return shipping. Yes, six dollars. This offer is extended to TCSS customers as well. I don't think I could have made it any more fair than this.

So here's how the upgrade will work:

On Feb 1st, I will add an item to my website called 2.1 Upgrade. You just add it to your cart, check out, then send your board to me. You will have until Feb 5th to do this. Once I get all the boards here and accounted for, I will send them all to the manufacturer for the upgrade, which should take about 2 weeks. When I get them back, I will return them to you.

If you have any questions or concerns about how this will work, post and I will answer. Please don't post here asking about the ETA on the production run or for specifics on 2.1 features - We have 2.1 boards already and we will be elaborating more on it in a separate thread.

This thread is only for dealing with the 2.0 to 2.1 upgrade. Thanks.

P.S. Bane and Graflex customers will be getting 2.1 boards

EDIT boards must be in Ultrasabers hands by 02/12/09
    Last edited by Roy's Blues; 01-22-2009 at 04:05 PM.
    butthurtz is a path to the darkside.
    Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to butthurtz. Butthurtz leads to suffering

Awesome news!
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

ahhhh poosh....lol sweet!
    ...YUP!

Now I need to get a us2.0.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Oooooo...sweeeeeet!

I do have a question about your posted timeframe, though.

Does the Feb.5th date mean have the board to you by then, or is that just a 5-day window to take advantage of the upgrade offer, and send boards in just ASAP? I live in Canada and don't think I could get a board to you (at a reasonable cost) within such a short timeframe.
    This Jedi Ranger has a name....Terek Kelrune. Don't forget it.

Sounds great, I have 4 boards that I'll be buying the upgrade for and sending to you!
    Edwin Tracy (Eandori)

- Official Plecter Labs USA station for repairs and firmware upgrades, Ultrasound soon!
    - Occasional completed Lightsabers for sale there!

This might be a dumb question, but what if I had purchased the Speaker/US board/battery combo from TCSS? Could the board that is apart of the combo be upgraded?

This might be a dumb question, but what if I had purchased the Speaker/US board/battery combo from TCSS? Could the board that is apart of the combo be upgraded?
    Yes, but you'd have to disassemble the unit, and just send the sound board in, without anything else attached, not even wires.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

That is correct.

Ultrasabers will not disassemble a TCSS combo pack or a saber for you to get the soundboard out.

Ultrasabers will only accept bare boards.

boards must be in Ultrasabers hands by 02/12/09
    Last edited by Roy's Blues; 01-22-2009 at 04:06 PM.
    butthurtz is a path to the darkside.
    Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to butthurtz. Butthurtz leads to suffering

Hmmm

While I appreciate that they are willing to upgrade the boards, what a pain the rear to dissassemble lightsabers to get the board back out and out to them lol.

Figures, I get the thing loaded into my graflex without quick disconnects just before this comes out

How about an offer for letting us swap the boards?
    Momma in law: If this printer keeps printing the same thing I'm going to spit nickles!

Me: if you start spitting nickles I'm coming over with a bucket!