Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Led holder / Blade holder

Default Led holder / Blade holder

Is the led holder / blade holder custom machined or can the parts be found at any hardware store?

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Yes, They are custom machined

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Do you realize how rude the question is? As in "can I buy somewhere else what you're selling?" Tim, if I ever do that, shoot me!

But then again, your handle by itself (usernames suck) is an offense to everyone else, so you must not be concerned with such trivialities.

Born of Sith, seduced by the light side.

i dont think its necessarily a dumb question. as if you look at the EL tutorial it offers where you can buy and make your own holder, personally i would just buy it from tim though, because all the trouble going into making it is just not worth it.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I was going to tell him he could pick one up at 7-11 just for a good laugh.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Why is that insulting GeluKhanGharr? I was just asking him a simple question and you have to be the one that is "rude" about it.

The impression of the Sith will never return, you have lost - mace windu

OK, I saw you are 17, so I'll be more lenient. I'll try to help you understand. Picture this: You walk into a store, and you ask the owner behind the counter if you can buy an item on the shelf, elsewhere. As in "I want that item, but not from you" It is insulting to that store owner.

Now to actually answer your initial question. I believe Tim is shortchanging himself, but he had the niceness to show us how to make a Lowes parts emitter for EL sabers. Find that in his tutorials. As for 1" blades and a good LED/lens holder, I haven't found a decent solution yet, and haven't heard of anyone else finding such a solution. Ultra had something with PVC that I think it sucks - very amateurish and ugly. I have spent countless hours in hardware stores, but nothing. Personal conclussion - Tim's holders are indispensable. And considering the level of quality he puts into them, they are quite cheap. I have just ordered 7 more after seeing one.
    Cheers!

Oh, yeah, one more thing, and please don't take this the wrong way - it is "the oppression" not "the impression".

i don't know if tim's holders are good because i can't afford one, but it is possible to make a good holder out of hardware stuff, but you need a welder. i don't think you could make a good holder if you don't have either a lathe or a welder. my blade holder is made from an old nut and a 3/4" galvanized steel nipple. it is very solid.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

i already have one of tim's el blade holders and in my opinion you WONT find any other that is of such great quality of craftmanship. they are TOPNOTCH!!!! and im getting one of his led holders for a MR vader soon. for the price he sells them at, theres no comparison. Tim makes the best stuff.

LAN-ED-TUL
    I concur. And I can do it from personal experience. Tim's LED holders are perfect, I can see no area where they could be improved, because they are as good as can be.