Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Personal lightsaber color

Well, here's what I got:
    "You hold a light blue lightsaber. Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker had one at one point. You are not as strong as the regular blu lightsaber, but you do have a little more force than it though. You are devoted to the jedi but like to do your own thing sometimes, kinda like what Anakin and Padame did in episode two. You try and keep peace, but some how you kinda cause a little bit of damage in the process, but what is the fun without destorying something?
    Jedi Job: Jedi knight
    Qoute: "I don't know how were going to get out of this one."
    --Han Solo"

I think that quiz is faulty....

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

You know why Samuel L. Jackson had a purple lightsaber in the PT? Because he wanted one. That's it. There is no special meaning behind it. Of course later people started saying that the purple color was representing royalty. Not in this case people.

Yes I heard GL wanted red for the bad guys because he thinks red is evil looking but there is really no reason to associate a personality type with a lightsaber blade color. I would think that most Jedi probably just used whatever suitable crystal was available at the time of making their lightsaber, regardless of color.

Pick a color you like for saber blades, that's your blade color. It doesn't mean anything other than it's the color you like and want. It does not reflect who you are (even if you think it does). Personally I would have liked to have seen pure, good, wholesome Jedi with red sabers in the movies but alas...

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Quote Originally Posted by ARKM View Post
    You know why Samuel L. Jackson had a purple lightsaber in the PT? Because he wanted one. That's it. There is no special meaning behind it.

Pick a color you like for saber blades, that's your blade color. It doesn't mean anything other than it's the color you like and want. It does not reflect who you are (even if you think it does)
    I agree wholeheartedly

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

Pick a color you like for saber blades, that's your blade color. It doesn't mean anything other than it's the color you like and want. It does not reflect who you are (even if you think it does).
    I actually agree with this. The color of your blade is a personal choice. Jedi didn't have to take a personality test to see which color they got to use! These quizzes are rather stupid, but they can be entertaining on a boring day to see how close some random person's "personality" test comes to the color you have really chosen.

Personally I would have liked to have seen pure, good, wholesome Jedi with red sabers in the movies but alas...
    Yeah, I don't think that would work for the movies. I mean, for fans that are really into it, I think it would be fine. But for a blockbuster movie, you can't just cater to the few who are really into it. You've got to appeal to the general populace. And the general populace might have a hard time distinguishing between the good guys and the bad guys if their weapons aren't color coded.
    n00bies start here, PLEASE!!! Thread Index

Co-founder of Pencil Busters, Inc.
    PBI Forum Admin
    PBI Homepage
    PBI Forum

Quote Originally Posted by JedimasterJSA View Post
    Yeah, I don't think that would work for the movies. I mean, for fans that are really into it, I think it would be fine. But for a blockbuster movie, you can't just cater to the few who are really into it. You've got to appeal to the general populace. And the general populace might have a hard time distinguishing between the good guys and the bad guys if their weapons aren't color coded.
    I agree... but only because I think the general populace are idiots.

I'm kidding (but not really).

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Jedi DID take a personality test to decide their lightsaber colours...at least in the Old Jedi Order in the Old Republic...it's shown quite EXPLICITLY in KOTOR: they are interrogated by a Jedi Master on how they would handle hypothetical situations and depending on how diplomatic or aggressive their answers show their personality temperament to be they are given a Consular green, Sentinel Yellow or Guardian Blue lightsaber crystal to build their first lightsaber with.

And there ARE Jedi with red lightsabers too in the New Jedi Order because during the Purge most natural saber crystal sources were destroyed by the Emperor and because Luke didnt reinstate the Consular/Guardian training paths or colour affiliations [Sentinel seems to have vanished earlier since the post-Ruusan reformation OJO don't seem to have any, at least none are shown in the Prequel Trilogy] and let NJO Jedi used any colour crystal they could find or make...even his sister Leia used a red lightsaber at one time.

Cool. However if I'm not mistaken, only the six movies are canon (with the possible inclusion of the older and newer Clone Wars cartoons). This means that whatever goes on in the games and EU books does not necessarily represent George Lucas's view of the Star Wars universe that he created.

Regardless, all of this conjecture on lightsaber blade colors representing a certain philosophy or personality is just way too nerdy for me (and I consider myself to be a nerd). It's akin to the trekkies arguing over Yeoman Rand's cabin number. *dodges thrown action figures*

I'm just havin' fun guys. Good natured ribbing and all that.
    Last edited by ARKM; 01-21-2009 at 10:30 AM.

Cool. However if I'm not mistaken, only the six movies are canon (with the possible inclusion of the older and newer Clone Wars cartoons). This means that whatever goes on in the games and EU books does not necessarily represent George Lucas's view of the Star Wars universe that he created.

Regardless, all of this conjecture on lightsaber blade colors representing a certain philosophy or personality is just way too nerdy for me (and I consider myself to be a nerd). It's akin to the trekkies arguing over Yeoman Rand's cabin number. *dodges thrown action figures*

I'm just havin' fun guys. Good natured ribbing and all that.
    KOTOR is considered 'canon' its just not "G" [George] canon which is the highest level of only whats onscreen [except the Holiday special], the novelizations of the 6 movies, and the original radio show. Unless you are writing licensed books, games etc and have to follow the appropriate 'canon' levels of the 'official' SW database that Leland Chee maintains for Lucasfilm/Lucasarts it's all in fun anyway because SW should always be fun!

And of course you are right, IRL the only reason Mace's is different is because Samuel L asked for something different...and who's gonna say "no" to him eh?...lol
    Last edited by Onli-Won Kanomi; 01-21-2009 at 10:46 AM.

I am pretty sure the saber Leia first constructed was a crimson blade, was in one of the Vong era novels.

"During the constuction there was no doubt as to what I would name her, this saber is mine, this is Fury" - Mcich Felwind

i htought she had a blue saber in the vong novels. althought she may have lost it and made a new one im not finished with the series yet....
    if you are new these links will get you started

tutorial on ohms law!!!
    the saber building dictionary-a dictionary with basically everything about sabers!
    thread index-this is the thread index!
    the basic saber building tutorial-tutorial for making basic hilts!
    start here if new-start right here if your brand new fresh out of the factory never before opened noob!