Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LDM's Luke ROTJ V2's (US 2.0, III and V LEDs)

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Talking LDM's Luke ROTJ V2's (US 2.0, III and V LEDs)

Allow me to present my most recently finished project. This is a pair of Luke ROTJ V2 sabers. They are both based on MR hilts. The first is:

Weathered MR hilt
    US 2.0
    Crystal Pommel (green)
    Reverse sound
    LDM Chassis
    Lux III BIN 6 Cyan
    7.4V 950mAh Li-Ion battery pack
    Recessed rechargekill with "pointy thingy" kill plug
    mini tactile switch milled into TCSS style I activation Box
    Maul conversion kit and milled emitter (extended version)

The second hilt is:

Clean MR hilt with PC Black
    US 2.0
    Crystal Pommel (aqua)
    Reverse sound
    LDM Chassis
    Lux V BIN 2 Cyan
    7.4V 950mAh Li-Ion battery pack
    Recessed rechargekill with "pointy thingy" kill plug
    mini tactile switch milled into TCSS style I activation Box
    100% custom LDM aluminum emitter conversion kit (extended version)

Here is a video to start us off:

http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/l...t=I3010002.flv

Here are the finished "twins":

Pommel Views:

Emitter Views:

Chassis Views:

weathered V2:

Clean V2:

Well, that is it! Hope they inspire
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

simply amazing...cyan cool
    ...YUP!

Those are awesome! I would normally lean towards the weathered versions of a Luke/Obi styled saber, but the V2 scheme you've got going looks really clean on the "new" version. Those light-up pommel "crystal chambers" are also really neat. Great job!

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

Very nice.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Council Member
    Sith Lord

thanks guys!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

Dude You are 1 of the best for sure.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Youngling

Great job!

I like the dirty weathered one best of the 2 - the bigger holes in the pommel grill look really good to me with the crystal lit up - and hey, I'm just a sucker for a nicely weathered V2

I don't know if other people see it the same, but the darker/weathered narrow/choke closest to the emitter looks slimmer from being dark (and dirty) on the weathered version?

It also sounds on the video like it's still very loud and clear with the unconventional placing of the speaker; no reason it shouldn't, but it's nice to see something different going on there as well.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Sethski View Post
    Great job!

I like the dirty weathered one best of the 2 - the bigger holes in the pommel grill look really good to me with the crystal lit up - and hey, I'm just a sucker for a nicely weathered V2

I don't know if other people see it the same, but the darker/weathered narrow/choke closest to the emitter looks slimmer from being dark (and dirty) on the weathered version?

It also sounds on the video like it's still very loud and clear with the unconventional placing of the speaker; no reason it shouldn't, but it's nice to see something different going on there as well.
    Thanks! The sound comes out near the emitter on these sabers. It is a technique called reverse sound. In these sabers, the sound also comes out the pommel, because they are open to show the crystals, so they are really loud.

I like the black plastic sleeve/sled you have attached everything to. I noticed you called it an LDM chassis but I have no idea what that means. Could you please tell me what that means and where I can get one?

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Quote Originally Posted by ARKM View Post
    I like the black plastic sleeve/sled you have attached everything to. I noticed you called it an LDM chassis but I have no idea what that means. Could you please tell me what that means and where I can get one?
    it probably means it was his dremel fu that made it ARKM. since he made it he named it ya know.

i admit it! i'm drooling at the seems...lol JK XD the cyan really works with that color scheme.
    ...YUP!