Thread: Luke ROTJ V2 Kit Problems...

Default Luke ROTJ V2 Kit Problems...

Ok... I know I can be a bit thick at times, but what am I doing wrong?

Tim was nice enough to make a few ROTJ kits just before Xmas and I picked one up. (Thanks for that BTW Tim!) But now that I'm sitting down to install it I've got a problem.... It doesn't fit?!?

I've stripped/gutted the MR saber as per all the instructions listed both here and on one of my old UltraSaber disks. Everything looks to have went smothly. But when I decided to do a dry fitting before putting it all together... I noticed that the Blade Holder kit doesn't want to come thru the saber body. It appears to stop short by about an inch.

The top of the bladeholder is small enough for the final opening since I can test that from the other direction... but for some reason the main body of the bladeholder is stopping it before it reaches the end anyhow. I don't need to remove the "upper black plastic" from the inside of the saber do I?

I'm confused...

Any Ideas?

-Blair

I looked over the instructions, and it does say it will need to be forced into place, look inside again and if you can measure the ID versus OD , maybe a light sanding might help, also if there is a guide notch make sure it is lined up.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Council Member
    Sith Lord

there are guide notches on most of the kits, so I would check there first. Also, the luke and Obi have to be pushed in with some force.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

There is no Guide notch on the ROTJ kits.

You do need to trim the plastic a bit further back with the TCSS kit because the measurement is a little different.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

there you have it, and DM definitely knows!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kal El Rah View Post
    I looked over the instructions, and it does say it will need to be forced into place, look inside again and if you can measure the ID versus OD , maybe a light sanding might help, also if there is a guide notch make sure it is lined up.
    What are these.....instructions you speak of? I didn't think they came with any (at least mine didn't) and there's only a tear down on the forums......unless I missed something.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    What are these.....instructions you speak of? I didn't think they came with any (at least mine didn't) and there's only a tear down on the forums......unless I missed something.
    I think he is talkin' about the Ultrasabers instructions.

Hey Fender, yeah they are the 1s at ultra, don't want to post a link but I know you can find them on your own.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Thanks everyone.

Yeah... it just needed A LOT of forcing... but in the end, it fit nicely.

I was just not expecting it to be THAT tight.

Someone might want to do a bit of TCSS How To for the Luke ROTJ might you. If I had not noticed that the unit was definately different then the Ultrasaber one... I'd have cut the plastic in the wrong place and really had some problems with fitting it all in.

-Blair