Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MR vrs Hasbro

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Default MR vrs Hasbro

Here are the differences that I have noticed so far.

-Vader-
    Hasbro has different switch box setup and is easier to dissasemble than the MR version. Clash sensor is seperate and in the blade base.
    <kit is the same as MR>

-Obi-
    Hasbro has different switch box setup and is easier to dissasemble than the MR version. All you need to do is take apart the switch box to get the guts to slide right out. The inner casing is glued together but pops apart pretty easily. Clash sensor is seperate and in the blade base.
    <kit will be different than MR>
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Interesting, seems Hasbro have done us all a favor Will you be attempting any conversions?

Cheers

Malaki

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

These are ones I have taken apart so far. I am verifying the old kits work or designing new ones.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I have done an Anakin ROTS with the old kit and it works like a charm. Disassembly is exactly the same as the MR.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

good to hear yeah i have a hasbro obi i'll try it tonight
    ...YUP!

question from the noob I got a vader hasbro anh it came in the box that said esb
    im assuming your kit will work for the vader anh (hasbro version)
    everyone talks about the esb and as i currently have a MR vader esb i looked and they looked to be about the same any help would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by wallflores1469@aol.com; 02-10-2009 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wallflores1469@aol.com View Post
    question from the noob I got a vader hasbro anh it came in the box that said esb
    im assuming your kit will work for the vader anh (hasbro version)
    everyone talks about the esb and as i currently have a MR vader esb i looked and they looked to be about the same any help would be greatly appreciated
    The kits are the same...

great thanks dm now i can begin converting it see you on fx later

I see the new Hasbro Obi Wan conversion kit is in the shop... Will that work on an MR saber?
    I'm hoping to convert my MR Obi Wan but the blade holders have been out of stock for a long time...

I'd have to say, no, since Tim mentions in the first post that the kit will be different from the MR.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.