Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Modular Blaster System

break them down into shapes??? what??? so your saying take the gun parts, that are ALREADY broken down, and break THOSE part down into even smaller parts?
    Hey! I'm Tayl0r The Rebel Technician!

TCCS's 0FFICAL BLASTER L0VER.

what Ideal is saying is a box of random parts will look like exactly that, a box of random parts. The only thing that could really raise eyebrows is gonna be trigger assemblies, and even then, if they are shipped completely disassembled, it shouldn't be a problem. It wouldn't be any different than getting air-soft mod kits in the mail. International orders are all gonna be different depending the country, but air soft gun make it through the mail, why not a bunch of metal tubes and boxes?

since this is so hard for people to grasp, i made a simple diagram

the yellow is the barrel, that could simply be a tube standard to all hand blasters

the green is the pistol grip

the red is the part im talking about. it could be split in half. i mean, you do have to insert the barrel piece some how right? put those 2 halves together around the barrel, insert the pistol grip.

this of course would be the most basic breakdown

Quote Originally Posted by Titoshi View Post
    what Ideal is saying is a box of random parts will look like exactly that, a box of random parts. The only thing that could really raise eyebrows is gonna be trigger assemblies, and even then, if they are shipped completely disassembled, it shouldn't be a problem. It wouldn't be any different than getting air-soft mod kits in the mail. International orders are all gonna be different depending the country, but air soft gun make it through the mail, why not a bunch of metal tubes and boxes?

well airsoft, you have to have a lisence to ship (or so I was told) airsoft guns since they are considered "dangrous" but I do think you would still run into some issues because think about it, some of these blasters do look like the real thing (stormtrooper blaster= sterling ww2 gun) sandtrooper blaster=german LMG) no matter what it will still have customs rasing their eyebrows wondering why someone would be shipping metal peices that can look like gun parts, i'm not trying to start an argument (believe me I always dreamed of an MBS) but come on, after 9/11 and terrorist threats I don't think customs would let this package just "slip bye"

you'd be surprised what slips by customs, but anyway, I completely understand what you are saying, but it is like when you get a package from the saber shop, all customs sees is a box of metal parts, and maybe there is some explaining to do, but they get through. As long as you are not trying to ship entirely assemble replica sterlings, mausers, or what ever there really shouldn't be a problem. especially since it will more than like be a bunch of non working, hollow tubes and blocks. The blaster would more than likely need some customization and imagination to get them looking good just the way the sabers do. I think it could be done in the US easily anyway. But whatever, I am sure Tim is definitely too busy for this endeavor, and there are channels and ways around all kinds of red tape. It would be very cool though.

Ok, since Ideal posted the picture explaining how it would be broken down, I understand 100% on how it would work.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Preston\My Documents\My PicturesThe cake is a lie.
    Official TCSS Noob welcomer.

Who could really go as far even to decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Quote Originally Posted by Titoshi View Post
    you'd be surprised what slips by customs, but anyway, I completely understand what you are saying, but it is like when you get a package from the saber shop, all customs sees is a box of metal parts, and maybe there is some explaining to do, but they get through. As long as you are not trying to ship entirely assemble replica sterlings, mausers, or what ever there really shouldn't be a problem. especially since it will more than like be a bunch of non working, hollow tubes and blocks. The blaster would more than likely need some customization and imagination to get them looking good just the way the sabers do. I think it could be done in the US easily anyway. But whatever, I am sure Tim is definitely too busy for this endeavor, and there are channels and ways around all kinds of red tape. It would be very cool though.
    yes thats what i'm saying, I don't think they would be confiscated, but like i'm trying to say customs might look at it and have at least some issues is that better now? Again, you would get the gun but it would still take longer for the customs inspections and it would be a hassel for some people.

it would be cool if you could put sound in to a blaster

Sound in blasters is already fairly standard practice. The little hasbro toys have a singular blaster sound (from what I remember when we cannibalized some of them to make the BOP II props)... and naturally, we've all seen Hyperdyne's blasters and Erv's as well.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You can't assume that everyone has seen Erv's blasters, or knows about his Blaster Core boards. Some may not know about Hyper's, either. (yes, I have/do)

The 2 Hasbro blasters I have (E-11 and DL-44) both have 2 sounds.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!