Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dragonball movie!

Default Dragonball movie!

Well they finally did it! I heard rumor of this I can't remember how long ago and I expected it would never happen.
    From what I can tell, it's going to be freakin' awesome! but it will definitely be a little different from the original show as it is an adaptation.

Here's the link,
    http://dbthemovie.com/

Be sure to check out the trailer!

Proud owner of the last two style 6 MHS blade holders!
    <('-'<)(>'-')><('-'<)<('-'<)(>'-')>(>'-')><('-'<)(>'-')>

sorry but ummm this is just americans taking a japanese franchise and turning it to crap like 4kids does with most of their dubbing...
    ...YUP!

I sort of disagree with sek, there...

Winning the fight isn't everything. It's the only thing, and you have two options- TapouT or PassouT.
    Official Saber Concepts Saber Designer

It's fair to disagree but, you'd still be wrong. Be it DB DBZ (maybe not gt) It's a great franchise with key variables. Lecherous Old master, talking animals, and key characters are missing from the movie. This isn't DB but a half hearted attempt to make money off more of a cult classic and rehash it for the kiddies. Think Speed Racer.
    Then again I could be totally wrong...
    I'm still going to go see it even if im disgusted.
    "The Dark Side offers power for power's sake. You must crave it. Covet it. You must seek power above all else, with no reservation or hesitation." ~Darth Revan~

true dru all we can truly do right now is wait...most of us are basing this on american's previous skill at taking japanese franchises and dubbing them...aka super sentai into power rangers yeah at times it's utter crap and other times they get the transitions right...
    ...YUP!

Well heres the fact of it all - It's being backed/ produced by FOX.

FOX is the worst, ever. All they care about, 110% is the bottom dollar. They are notorious for screwing over the fans of franchises. They will butcher and massacre it so long as it makes bank. And this already will because Dragonball, Z, etc. are HUGE names.

They took the concept of the movie and modernized it, completely. From the looks, to the cars, I'll bet 10 bucks the dialog is of such a quality that you will definitely know it's modern. I mean, Bulma with guns, really?

Like Dru has already said they are missing key characters and other important things that they SHOULD have. It's basically chicken noodle soup minus the chicken, the noodle and the veggies. All your left with is the base, the broth. Feed it to the kids and tell them it's good for them and they'll keep eating it.

FOX took DB, grabbed it's concept... warped it into what they think is going to rake in the most dough, I.E Target audience being tweens and bam... craptastic movie that sells like hotcakes.

DB sucked the moment FOX backed it.

I'm not a huge fan of the DB/DBZ/DBGT series....but god this looks awful. I tried to write a rant about how bad I think this looks...but nothing I typed out could really put into words how afraid I am of this movie...

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

wow all i can say is were is goku? that guy there cant be goku. the hair is missing the cloths and the power. i think ill stick with the db movies i have.
    if you are new these links will get you started

tutorial on ohms law!!!
    the saber building dictionary-a dictionary with basically everything about sabers!
    thread index-this is the thread index!
    the basic saber building tutorial-tutorial for making basic hilts!
    start here if new-start right here if your brand new fresh out of the factory never before opened noob!

Its going to be a 2 hour long movie of them grunting is a I am going to **** myself fashion and nothing will get done cause that's all they are going to do cause that's 90% of anything with the name Dragon Ball in it.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

sorry guys but the DB movie looks like EPIC FAIL.... no really it does... somethings they shouldnt turn in to a Live action movie and THIS is one of them....

it would be like LoZ with real actors... no one can pull off the characters and i mean NO ONE...

but then we are all entitled to our own opinions arent we....